Base Set Booster Pack pull rates?!

I’ve been opening some heavy base set packs and it’s been a blast. However, this raises a couple questions.

1. What are the pull rates? Are there equal chances of pulling a charizard vs a magneton?

2. Does pretty much every full box have a charizard in it? Can I pull multiples of the same holo?

3. If one pack has bad centering, does that mean all the other cards in the other packs have bad centering too if they’re from the same box?

Discuss

1 Like
  1. Pull rate is 1 holo per 3 packs on average. All holos are equally rare, some are just more popular than others.
  2. No. One box should contain 12 holos and there are 16 holos in the base set. It is possible to get the same holo multiple times in a box.
  3. Not necessarily.

Edit: Machamp can not be pulled in packs, so it is really only 15 holos you can pull form packs! :slight_smile: And I guess you can consider holos that also come in theme decks for being less rare overall (mewtwo, ninetales, hitmonchan, gyarados).

3 Likes

So in your experience, to sum up:

If I have a full box, I’ll pull 12 Holos. I could receive duplicates. And centering in one pack doesn’t necessarily mean all the packs will have bad centering.

Has anyone ever pulled multiple charizards (besides Gary) or multiple Blastoise from the same box?

Statistically, it sounds like every box has a pretty good percentage chance of pulling a zard.

1 Like

Yes, I am sure many people have pulled multiples in the same box. There’s the same chance of getting 2x Clefairy as there is 2x Charizard

2 Likes

Double clefairy nightmare fuel…

2 Likes

At least he can’t be found in a theme deck :grinning:

1 Like

I’d rather get a clefairy then a cleffa, cause then you know your booster pack has been severely hijacked!

I just want to say I don’t know how much you paid for your shadowless packs, but there’s reallyno guarantee you even break even on heavy packs. Expect $100 9s for the most part. I hope you do pull a Zard thoughor that the Blastoise comes back a 10!

1 Like