Japanese Base Set Box

I am debating on opening a Japanese Base Set Box - How many charizards can I expect?

I actually purchased and opened two of these booster boxes way back in the day (2010-ish)! Before the pricing skyrocketed and it was actually profitable doing this! LOL

Anyway, from the two booster boxes that I opened (120 Packs), I was only able to build two Complete Sets. However, I did pull 3x Charizard from the two booster boxes. I actually graded the Holo Card Sets and everything came back PSA 10 (could have just gotten very lucky there though).

Hope that helps!

16/60. 3-4 I believe.

You have to take into consideration that the Japanese Base Set / Booster Packs are the same as the English Base Set / Booster Packs. There are 16 Holo Cards plus 16 Non-Holo Rare Cards per Set and only 1 Rare or Holo per Pack (1:3 Odds of Holo).

I forget the exact quantity of Holo Cards I pulled from my booster boxes; however, just based off the pack-odds, you’re only looking at 20 Holo Cards (total) per booster box.

Oh i thought you are guaranteed to get a holo in each japanese pack up to neo destiny. If there are only 20 holos, that means 1-2 charizards a box based on probability.

I also believe (not fact) but the doubles/triples i’ve seen in boxes could also skew the results. Boxes are not guaranteed a charizard.

1 Like

I was watching the first five or ten minutes of a booster box opening on YouTube the other day and within like 4-5 packs the guy had already doubled up on a Ninetales.

You aren’t guaranteed a charizard. However probability is on your side.

I thought Japanese base is 1:2 holos? Then the rest up to neo destiny is a holo in every pack.