PSA 'Turnaround time'

It always takes them a week or two to enter the order into the system after my tracking says delivered…

If it didn’t take 2 weeks for them to reply to emails I’d be sure this was the answer of a robot…

SPOILER: Click to show

Dear PSA/ Michael,

I have just shipped my first PSA submissions, including my free 15 card submission, and 3 other submissions totalling to 248 cards to have graded.

My customer number is #

Submission numbers: .

As I live in Japan, I am understandably worried that the customs officers will not understand the note saying that these are returned goods and not merchandise. For this reason, is it possible to add “返品” or “へんぴん” to the customs note? These are both the same word, pronounced as “henpin” with the meaning of “returned goods”. Proof of meaning: jisho.org/search/%E8%BF%94%E5%93%81 .

Please let me know.

SPOILER: Click to show

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting PSA customer service. My name is Michael and I will be resolving your inquiry today!

We will return these items marked as returned goods that you own.

For remaining questions please contact PSA Customer Service at info@psacard.com or (800) 325-1121. Thank you again and I hope you have a fantastic day!

I’ve dealt with Michael many times and he is extremely helpful, I have never had any issues.

@viral what’s the problem? He clearly states they’ll be marked as returned goods. PSA has customers all over the world, I’m sure this is something they deal with regularly. Definitely doesn’t sound like a robot answer to me except for the first and last parts which are standard customer-service lingo.

My email is a reply to him saying it will be marked as goods. I’ve specifically asked for it to be marked as such in Japanese, the only point made in my email, and it was just completely ignored.

The opening and closing of that email are most likely automatically generated when he creates it. I use similar signatures when sending emails within my organization so I imagine customer service might be required to open/close the same way. I could be wrong though.

I’m not referring to that, I’m referring to the actual content of the message, and how it quite clearly ignored the entire point of my email =/

Their return invoices are all self-generated. They also don’t have access to a Japanese keyboard (granted they can copy and paste).

All of their documentation states “Returned Goods” and nowadays doesn’t even show the shipping charge (which reduces the “value” even further).

I wouldn’t stress mate, this is something you can also contest when they come back. You have proof that they were yours to begin with anyway.

1 Like

On the PSA site i’m pretty sure it doesn’t say guaranteed turn around time. At peak times the turn around times can take longer. I just got my results 20 days on a 50 day order.

PSA won’t put anything besides English on the outside of the package.

Oh…and Japanese customs has agents adept in English.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, but not everyone is. I had something come back previously as returned goods, but only the part “goods” was understood. Got slapped with a customs price tag higher than the value of what was inside. Absolutely ridiculous.

I have been told even though they are your cards you are still buying the case they encapsulate them in so it still is considered purchased goods.

Cases don’t cost $6 each though lol. Ahh well, we’ll see how hard it hits when it does.

Such are the costs of collecting abroad.

If you believe that standard PSA services will not sufficiently satisfy your demands, you could hire a middleman to receive your packages and forward them as desired. It is usually more economically viable for third parties to offer such specialized requests and services than it is for large corporate entities.

1 Like

Yeah I have family in the states so it’s always a possibility. But I’d rather see how it pans out. Sent 250 odd cards in 4 submissions so will get a decent idea of how customs charges are calculated then work from there.

1 Like