PSA slacking ? Will they make better cases soon !??

Just picked up(traded cards received)… the two cards are PSA 10 Shadowless Holos.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I would really think the person grading these specific cards would be tougher on the grade considering and knowing there worth so would not just let little noticeable defects slide.

The cards I got back ( i only seen pictures at first) had these weird black tiny dots on the top centering area. And one card had noticeable silver lining with a very small but still sorta noticeable corner flick.

Even though the PSA reads 10, I feel like my freakin 9s are stronger !!
Do I sell the cards or trade them ?? Or am I wrong and are these things that I think are defects really just part of the card ?

This sort of thing makes me loose a bit desire from PSA Company.

PS: I wish PSA cases would look more like Beckett cases. Beckett cases are much more professional, sturdy, clean and just a better look in my opinion. Feels like glass. And the wording too.

Well yeah , that’s all folks.
Later fellas.
A.R

Not to mention the subgrades Beckett provides on the case as well.

Dont need to go on a mad hunt trying to find defects on your cards through the holder

1 Like

Majority of Pokemon cards are submitted to PSA via bulk. They don’t have time to nitpick the value, which is exactly what most-all submitters bank on. Therefore the value aspect is irrelevant.

Pictures would help this topic.

Which Beckett case are you referring to? Beckett has an entire service that grades just about everything 10 (BCCG). Ironically the exact complaint about PSA overgrading is literally BCCG’s business model. I guess it’s more professional that BCCG lets their customers know the grade is meaningless?

Oh and can the magical Beckett Subgrades explain why my BGS 8.5 pokemon card didn’t cross to a psa 6?

If you want to circle jerk one company over another, at least provide some substance. Either way, if you don’t like PSA, don’t use them.

11 Likes

@smpratte do you own any BGS graded pokemon cards?
what are your thoughts on the difference to the PSA case and the BGS cases?
I personally like the slim case of PSA but where i think BGS do better is sleeveing the cards before putting in the case, I hate that the cards can move around in a PSA case, but they have got a better fit over the years. I wonder if we could design our own case what would be the perfect way to case a card hmmm
I agree with Scott they are just humans and people put bulk lots in hoping they miss something, i feel your pain ive bought cards that i believe are not a PSA 10 card before too, thats why its important to see picture of anything you buy first specially if your spending big money!

Yes, I own PSA & BGS cards in both Sports and Non-sports. I also have a few SGC and KSA cards as well in sports.

I prefer the PSA case aesthetically. The new one breathes well, which is good for long term preservation.

4 Likes

Two things.

10s don’t mean perfect otherwise there would be no 10s.

The BGS cases totally suck. Waaaay too bulky for my tastes. Also, I find the subgrades unreliable.

6 Likes

It seems like you’ve made up your mind, switch to BGS.

Try this guy

2 Likes

I know a lot of people like the BGS subgrades, but I’ve always hated them, aesthetically and practically. I’ve never mentioned it because my opinion on the subject really doesn’t matter for what others choose. Visually it always felt cluttered, and distracted from the actual grade the card got. People like to say buy the card not the grade, with BGS it feels like buy the subgrades not the grade.

In the practicality, it limits what the grader can do. I remember my old stocking days where the company I worked for had a number system for locations, and everytime we stocked we would put the same items in the same location for efficiency. I asked the manager why we had a number for the location instead of what the items found in the location would be. The answer was if you name it you can’t put those items anywhere but that location, so if you’re overstocked you’re screwed. It’s similar with BGS subgrades, you can look at a card and think it deserves a specific grade, but if the subgrade is too low it won’t get that grade. It doesn’t matter what grade you think the card deserves, you screwed yourself from making the exception.

As far as BGS vs PSA debate, do what you want. Just don’t push your preference onto me.

5 Likes

He’s got a new grade he’s created ‘diamond mint’ :joy:

Is this youtube serious? or is he having a bit of a laugh at the whole ‘grading’ concept?

If you listen to it as him being sarcastic, it’s quite funny,

Yeah totally a joke :grin: he accepts Bribes! :grin:

Hey Scott
I should have started off the topic and say I don’t mean to disrespect PSA or Beckett. I respect the card industry tons and love the hobby tremendously.

I will try and send pictures shortly !

1 Like

arminallmighty

Just out of curiosity, which cards did you pick up? Still pretty awesome to grab a couple PSA 10 Shadowless Holos.

And, if you have time, please share a couple photos! I’d like to see what you mean. Thank you.

OMG, I think I just hurt myself laughing. “Give it a 10, it’s GUD!” :laughing:

You’re trippin’, BGS cases are museum quality.

1 Like

They suck for me because I have an excess of graded cards. The BGS are TWICE the size and weight of the PSA cards. It’s already an overwhelming chore to work with. I can’t imagine doubling the size and the effort I’d have to cope with if all was doubled.
Honestly, the new PSA cases are about perfect. Even though the BGS are beautiful and “museum quality” they are truly overkill.

My current orders going in (pictured) gives you an idea why size and weight matter to me.

3 Likes

But what if you could only have ONE card on display on a living room shelf or office desk rather than just grading bulk for storage and protection? Would you still prefer PSA? :blush:

1 Like

If you asked me prior to the new PSA cases I’d for sure have said BGS for that one display card. Now it’s a close call. Real close. Hmmm…maybe the BGS still?

2 Likes

Bruh…

1 Like

@missingno
What I’ve decided with PSA and BGS after lots and lots of thinking is collecting PSA 9 and 10s and only collecting pristine 10s from BGS if I find one that I feel would get that grade (I haven’t found one yet but we will see) because as others stated PSA just gives you more room. However I do like the subgrades more than the straight grade. Basically we are all different in what we find as “museum quality” but that’s perfectly ok because we all collect for different reasons too! :blush:
Mjisaacs