PSA Signature Q

Hey y’all. I have a question and I’m hoping there are answers:

I’m looking forward to Salt Lake Regionals in April with the Arita signings.

I have a PSA 8 1st ed Charizard I would love to have signed by him.
However I would like the auto to be on the Card… and not the case.

Does anyone know if PSA can arrange anything where I can pop the card out of the case, get it signed and have it re-cased with the same grade? It’s probably a long-shot but I thought I’d ask if anyone has experience with this scenario. I would cringe if I had to re-send it out and it gets a lower grade…

Also, (if that’s not feasible) does anyone have any tips on preserving an autograph on a PSA case? I’ve heard many instances where the auto can fade/rub off over time. Are there any proven solutions to keep the auto in tact?

PS: what cards would you personally like signed by Arita? I’d love to hear :blush:

Once you crack a card out of the case it is ungraded. The previous grade is gone. It will have to be re-graded. As long as the card isn’t damaged when cracked or signed, it should earn the same/similar grade.

2 Likes

You could always send in the original label with the card and leave a note on the submission saying you opened the case to get the card signed by the artist. It might help with receiving the same grade. It will also allow PSA to properly manage that card from the pop report.

1 Like

@smpratte
Thanks for the clarification—

PS: huge fan of your videos since day one. Are you planning on coming to Utah in April?

That’s a good idea! I’m sure it wouldn’t hurt to include that info in the submission. :+1:t3: