1 of 4 population none graded higher

Want this slab due to its rarity and how cool the auto looks with sketch. No my name isn’t James but that doesn’t matter to me lol What do you all think about this particular slab ?

Edit : not looking too flip this just wanted too see if it’s a good choice too add to my collection as a flex since it’s got condition and rarity behind it :sweat_smile:

Welcome to the forum, @alleybro! Really cool card. If you’re patient you might have a good shot at getting one signed yourself. Arita seems to be the illustrator doing signings most frequently. Either way, anyone would be lucky to own that card.

8 Likes

Thank you kindly for the welcome and response mate ! I am worried that Arita and other amazing artists will not be signing possibly in the future due too how disrespectful people have proven too be towards these legends and I don’t know if I will ever get a chance to meet them for a signing. I would love this card though for its rarity, condition , and that Arita signed it … like actually touched this card :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

I personally held off on buying an Arita autofor many years. Over time he keeps signing more and more. There are no shortage of charizards getting signed either. For waiting to get it done, personalized to me was 100% the right choice

10 Likes

You don’t have to worry about that for Arita. He basically outright came out and said he no longer cares what people do with his autograoh anymore and he’s definitely there for the bag now

I guess too me I always wanted a PSA mint 9 shadowless Charizard and was in the market for one but this being signed , sketched and it’s pop is super low out of the 130+ that have been sent it as signed grades ( population too me also matters a bit ) I see this card as a potential grail for my collection :innocent:

If I’m going to be honest, the grade isn’t really that hard to replicate. Most people don’t get high grade copies autographed because the margin on the lower grades are high and the cost to entry is low

It wouldn’t be too hard to buy the 9, crack it and regrade it after getting the auto

But if you don’t want to wait, want the guaranteed 9 and are really gunning for this copy, don’t let me stop you

1 Like

Really ? I have heard the opposite to be honest lol

The population report also looks like that 132 people have sent in there signed shadowless charizards and only 4 made it too the 9 grade for condition

I think trying to replicate this card being that it’s a grade 9 in condition is going to be hard not easy. The auto grade is anyone’s guess but for condition for a mint 9 , I feel like I would have to respectfully disagree.

Many people think it’s almost impossible getting vintage graded higher than a 9 in condition when autographed, and let alone the grade 9 being so so hard. I have been looking at PSA reports for vintage sets in the signature section and it shows that from my findings.

But that’s just my findings haha

Welcome to the forum! :wave: :slightly_smiling_face:

Another option (if you have the money) is to buy this one, and if you get the opportunity to get a similar one signed in the future and personalized to you, you could always do that and then try to offload this one. Arita signatures and Charizards are popular so I doubt you would have trouble selling it at some point. If you don’t care about the specific personalization and that one is speaking to you, it’s not a bad option either!

How do people offload signed cards to random other peoples names? Seems like this could only be a grail to a “james”

See the first post.

Thank you ! I appreciate the welcome :hugs: I would be happy to have this haha

1 Like

lol I guess some in the world like me wouldn’t care since it doesn’t actually have “ James “ written in English on the card but I also love the sketch from Arita too and that appeals too me

I know it does not matter to him, but i was responding to you suggesting he then offload that james slab to someone else when he finds a better one. I feel like it not mattering to him is pretty niche

I know you were, I was just pointing out the irony.

I think he actually answered your question in the post above this, plenty of people buy signed cards when the personalization is written in Japanese since most English-speaking collectors can’t actually read it, and thus don’t care. It’s part of the reason these signing events make a big deal out of not doing Japanese personalizations unless it’s your name, because it’s way easier to flip. And at the end of the day, it’s still an auto (and in this case, with a sketch). The person who is a little lukewarm about the personalization probably also isn’t particularly interested in the cost/logistics/time/hope for another event/etc to go to an event and get their own card signed.

Just to be clear, a personalization not to me (English or otherwise) would drive me nuts, but that’s just me

Just saying i dont think its an easy flip once the better copy comes by so offering that as an option that would be simple to do probably isnt a good idea. It could be done, but so far nobody here has suggested they value another persons personalized auto. Obviously the post is new and e4 is small but still, a higher end buyer would need to buy that and the higher end buyers i know are beyond picky. Granted i dont know many auto buyers. And the ones i do know, bought all their autos before this personalized nonsense started

I just find buying expensive stuff with the idea that oh ill dump it at breakeven if i need to, is dangerous

Do you think this has something going for it since it’s got only a pop of 4 and none graded higher ? Like it’s on Lowpoppings instagram and he is saying it’s a grail

No

I wont speak for or against it. I just wanted to say that if youre thought is even remotely “i will sell this quickly if i need to and at least breakeven” you should think hard. Stuff really is not liquid and adding more layers of nicheness to it slows it even more

This does not mean it cant go up or sell for more obviously, just that niche in pokemon is something that gets overlooked sometimes

Any reasoning why ? Or just a no that you don’t think it will because your not a fan of it lol

1 Like