PSA says my card has evidence of recoloration. pics inside.

I see no evidence of recoloration. Am I missing something? Is there a way I could resubmit it? a link below to the imgur gallery with 20+ pictures including front, back and edges of card. please excuse my grubby fingers.

Album of the card in question!!!

https://i.imgur.com/s1ILbEr.jpg

The upper right corner on the back looks a little strange.

Hey!

This really sucks. And it’s obvious you are frustrated. In the event of this card, my best advice would be to purchase a new copy and grade that one. This card is not too hard to hunt down in the same condition. I would trust PSA’s ability to identify recoloring and I would definitely say you qualify for a return with the original seller if you are still able to do so.

3 Likes

I can try to return the card to the seller but it has been so long I’m probably SOL (psa took 3 months grading this.)

The is some frustration but in the end it’s only $20. I just don’t see anything wrong with the card to make me believe it has been recolored. Does psa have any history of incorrectly identifying recoloring or is it more likely that I’m simply not seeing the evidence of it?

It is more likely that you do not see it. But it should also be noted that a miscoloration that shakes their confidence is not necessarily malicious in origin. Whatever the trigger may be, I’d consider this card a loss and just search for an alternative.

0 of these on ebay at the moment and I don’t really want to buy the card blind from a vendor but I suppose I’ll keep an eye out for it.

I would trust PSA saw something cause normally they would love to grade it for you. As far as returning it…maybe the seller got it from elsewhere so they wouldn’t know. After all, it’s only a 20 buck card so I’d just scribble ‘colored’ on it so the next person doesn’t have the same thing happen to them.

1 Like

You can see the ink bleeding into the white edge in your 3rd imgur photo on the right side.

1 Like

Was thinking the same.

Can you take a better/closer picture of the dark spot on the corner?

It’s a bad sign if you put it in a stack of cards and can identify where it is by looking at the sides.