PSA Folding JP Packs Again in New Slabs

I’ve experienced issues with recent Japanese Pokemon packs being folded in the new PSA slabs. Despite being graded PSA 10, the tops got folded. PSA suggested a return, but I opted to sell due to the lengthy process. PSA advised they don’t move the cards and preserve as is, but preserving the packs is crucial for JP collectors and the cards inside move pretty easily where it can be adjusted. Some disputed/censored my claims therefore I wanted to share this to raise awareness.

5 Likes

What do you think they mean by “they say they don’t move the cards”?

That was their response.

Interesting, thanks for sharing - TBH I’m interested because in my mind, the position of the packs shouldn’t matter at all when they’re encapsulating them, so it seems weird/interesting to me that they brought that up. Maybe they were concerned that you were going to claim that the cards were damaged…which is weird, because you would have to crack the slab and pack to make that happen

2 Likes

What’s with the numeric grade? As long as a pack is authentic and certified not a juice pack inside, I’m ok.

They’re basically saying “not my fault, I don’t know how it became like that”. :grimacing:

3 Likes

The numeric grade is the grade of the pack. Same as how authentic cards are assigned a grade.