PSA Card Stands/Display

Can anyone recommend some good stands for PSA cards? I’m in the UK fwiw.

Do you like the official PSA ones?

Imo too expensive. Any decent alternstives. Ie $5 usd considerinh plastic input cost is less than $1 usd #dontgetrippedoff

1 Like

Well, for starters it’s not plastic, it’s acrylic.

If you don’t understand that moulding that stuff is expensive as is, then you should check out any acrylic manufacturer in Aus :wink:

Sheets of acrylic can cost up to $300AU for 2.4m by 1.2m. Then there is the cost of the laser that cuts it, around $500-600 an hour. Then glue and labour.

$5US for one of those is cheap as chips!

3 Likes

I know this is may be a long shot, but if you happen to have access to a 3D printer, I modeled up a stand that you could print several of. If you do, let me know and I will send you the model.

If not, ignore this haha.

1 Like

Care to share the link if you have it hosted on thingiverse or something similar?

I don’t currently have it posted, but I can upload it later tonight and post it to this thread.

Does anyobe know what kind of stands that smpratte uses to hold up his cards in his youtube videos?

1 Like

www.ebay.com/itm/36-Saftgard-Unfoldable-Clear-Baseball-Trading-Card-Small-Plastic-Stands-props-/332093873375?hash=item4d52565cdf:g:ro8AAOxyOMdS6SoS

I believe these are them.

Cool, thanks for the help.

www.thingiverse.com/thing:2052025

Let me know if you give it a try. :blush:

1 Like

This is bang on.

If you want junk then fine but you get what you pay for…

The margin on the PSA ones is only 25% or 30% for BGS.

The PSA ones are the big based ones with white PSA writing on right? I like them, I’m also not against small cheaper alternatives. I’m still not sure how many, if any, I’d like to display this way. Just wanted to see some options if they exist.

You can buy the PSA ones through PSA. If you get a bunch of them you could probably on-sell them to recuperate the costs. Buying only a handful is expensive with postage.

2 Likes

These are the ones I plan on getting. A lot of people say “You get what you pay for” Which IS true, but you can still shop around and get good stuff cheap.
These are stands to display your cards, unless you are going to be playing with them or moving them around a LOT, these should stand up.
And at $13.32 for 36… that’s $.37 a piece… not bad at all!

1 Like

I like the cheaper ones for temporary display but I am planning on getting 2 or 3 of the official psa ones. I for example have 3 of my cards on my desk and I need something a bit sturdier so if you are going to display your cards in an area where there is some movement such as a desk I do recommmend the PSA ones that are heavier. :blush:

Don’t get us wrong. I think if you displayed all of your cards using the official stands, it would probably look too bulky and take up way too much space.

The official PSA ones are probably more for your stand out pieces. =)

I’m only keeping 4 of the official ones I’ve bought.

1 Like

That’s what I’m thinking too Oz. But then I think do I really want to display a lot of them? Maybe I should go for 5 PSA ones and display my favourites… but then do I really want that much value out on display? Oh the questions!

1 Like

Yeah, I forgot how bulky they were! That’s the may reason I turned away from them.

But getting a few for your stand out pieces wouldn’t be a bad idea really!

1 Like

I would display them all! But that’s just me. When I move and have my Pokemon room, I plan on having all the PSA cards I have on displays! Right now I only have 2, but I only started a week ago. Surely by then I have a ton!

I think if you are going to display a lot, try to go for the display that don’t cost a lot. Just to keep the cost down.
But if you are only going to display a handful, then going for the more expensive stands wouldn’t be too bad. But then again it’s all in how much you are willing to pay for displays.

1 Like