PSA Bulk Services Update

Does anyone have an insight to why they removed the 10 card minimum for Bulk Services? That kind of blows cuz I do not feel like having to blow $500 minimum just to grade cards or may not always want to send in 50 or even have 50 cards unless I am misinterpreting this change. :ninja: :sob:

Same reason why BGS removed the 10 day turnaround, demand has exceeded what they are able to do. This is the reason that the price is increasing as well. Good ole supply and demand.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wouldnt mind a long turn around but I hate that you have to send 50 cards minimum. I may not always have 50 cards I want to send it but I understand supply and demand (just kinda blows)…

Personally I hope they up their quality of service in tandem with changes like this. I see it as a good thing.

2 Likes

Time to use a grading service.

I bet you it is so PSA can optimize its processing time on orders. Less order numbers means less shipping and organization of cards

1 Like

There was such an increase in volume of submissions. The only way to slow that down and increase quality is to raise the prices.

2 Likes

I can understand PSA’s logic in getting rid of the 10 card service, but due to their decision I didn’t renew my membership when it expired this month. I don’t submit enough volume with them to justify the membership + grading fees. I almost wish they had replaced the 10 card service with a 20 or 25 card service.

1 Like

@lugiaslair249 What if you get the silver membership and do one 50 card order a year?

If that isn’t feasible a middleman service might be the best option.

2 Likes

This was exactly my logic.

Yes, I do understand the reason for increased prices + increased volume. 50 cards a year may be more feasible but then again if you use a middleman, how much more is that going to cost you? If its the 50 card minimum, I would rather just become the middle man and help others out with my current membership if they don’t have the volume or want to spend that much for 50 cards alone.

Side note: I know you do the service as a middleman and other’s I have seen as while. What is the purpose of the middleman exactly? I was a little confused on why people wouldn’t send it in themselves. Can you clarify this? Thanks.

You get access to bulk prices for a non-bulk number of items. Also it’s typically less work on your end.

1 Like

But what would be the average cost of service?

Thanks Scott! I’ve considered the silver membership, but I honestly don’t think I’ll amass 50 gradable cards to send in this year to justify the membership cost. I graded roughly 100 cards last year and many of those cards came from packs that I had been sitting on for years. Since then I haven’t had the best luck finding raw cards in gradable condition.

The middleman is a better alternative IMO. I’ll have to think about it.

Don’t the vouchers you get when you renew cover more than the renewal fee? Gold is what $250? Or $299? And I think you get like 15 vouchers which covers the renewal fee so I don’t really understand why you wouldn’t get the membership. Unless you don’t plan on grading enough cards to use your vouchers.

This is a disappointing change for sure. While it may not be a big deal for the high end collectors, it’s going to hurt the small to mid level ones. I usually do a few orders of a dozen cards or so throughout the year, spending between $150-$200 on the grading. I’ll be lucky if I have 50 cards to grade and in a year and $500 + their already crazy shipping price is a decent chunk of change. I do wonder if this will result in less bulk graded cards being available on the market.

If you get the Platinum membership it’s 15 cards at $16.6 a piece.
Gold membership is 6 cards at 24.83 each.
A ‘regular’ standard submission is $20 per card.

Do you need to have a membership to submit a ‘regular’ standard submission?

All change requires adjustments. This change was important for what’s going on now.
Keep in mind though, nothing’s permanent.