PSA ARE NOW OPEN?!

Hi All,

Yesterday I received 2 emails from psa (see attached)

The first email was them telling me that one of my orders has started processing.

The second was telling me that one of my orders were completed and grades available. I’ve been stuck on the 7th step since they were closed but all of a sudden they have now been reviewed and are ready. The money has been taken from my account too.

My questions to you all are:

1. Has anyone else received emails or had their orders complete?

2. The company is supposed to be closed. Do you think they are “secretly” still operating in order to reduce some of the backlog? Would this not technically be illegal as all non essential business were shutdown?

If they do not send me my order I will be furious. They can’t just all of a sudden say “grades ready, we’ve taken the money but you aren’t getting the cards”.

I’ll be trying to call them later on and if no success I’ll be messaging them on Instagram (I’ve had responses that way before).

Interested to hear all your thoughts.

Side note - big thanks to “the_tasteful_collector” for advising me to download the tapatalk app :blush:

see

2 Likes

No worries mate, thanks for making the thread, i’m keen to see what others have to say.

1 Like

I wonder if some of their staff is working from home?

This would never happen. Too many insurance complications. They’d never take cards home.

I thought they didn’t even have insurance?

1 Like

Every company has insurance.

I mean yea employee insurance, building insurance etc. But that shouldn’t matter if employees work from home or not like any other company working from home. I was meaning insurance on the cards, I know we pay shipping/insurance but I thought they used their own in house system where they had a separate fund to pay out any accidents that happen to cards for the financial guarantee.

I’d assume they have insurance for the cards. It would be foolish not to imo. I don’t know their insurance procedures but can you imagine how high the risks would be to have employees take the cards home? So many cards would be stolen, “misplaced”, swapped out etc. It would be a disaster. It’s not a clever idea at all for employees to take cards home.

I agree taking cards home could get complicated, as they normally have cameras on the graders. No machines to make the cases and labels. I’m not suggesting I want them to do this, I just don’t think the decision comes down to the insurance.

I personally think insurance plays a role.

Also, it’s just not viable. At all.

Are you going to put cameras in the homes of the graders? That’s not happening. How are you going to make sure they aren’t doing anything to swap out the cards etc? What about the risk of loss, theft, damage etc. This is only naming a few things that could go wrong.

There’s so many risks that it would never work.

I’d be incredibly surprised if they are somehow working from home.

Yea I agree it’s not viable like I mentioned. I’m just saying that I doubt the decision came down to ok we are going to grade at home if the insurance company says yes. That is if the cards are insured by a 3rd party.

It is interesting though that you got these emails, something behind the scenes must me up and running then.

1 Like

Oh yeah. I agree with that. They would have definitely taken everything into consideration . I don’t think it’s just the insurance. It’s a matter of all of those possible issues :blush:

I was actually discussing with a friend that I think when they open up again, they should stop all orders and focus on the backlog and hire new graders. I’m wondering whether they have started doing that on the down low as we speak. Although, I wonder the legalities of operating whilst there is a government ban.

It sure would be nice if they took this opportunity to pause new orders for a few weeks when they officially re-open so they could catch up and get orders out that will have been sitting there for who knows how long.

3 Likes

A reasonable possibility could be that the cards had been graded but hadn’t yet had the grades pushed fully through the system. Perhaps some of the folks who do that are working from home during this time and that led to the automatic push updates to your status. I doubt they’d currently ship and I highly doubt that are secretly illegally working to grade cards when mandated to be closed.

3 Likes

As I mentioned, yes the cards were already graded. They’ve been sat on the 7th step for around 2 weeks or more.

They shouldn’t be taking my money if they aren’t following through with providing me my cards back.

What a stupid time to take a $600 payment during this pandemic when they aren’t going to be providing me with my cards.

This is my business. I am lucky enough to be able to buy and sell these cards as a full time job but if they aren’t going to be sending me the cards then they shouldn’t be taking my money.

I would think it’s generally not possible for PSA to be open at this time. However, anyone who thinks that the building is locked down and everything has stopped probably knows nothing about how large businesses like this operate.

What I would assume is happening is that PSA has a few workers who are doing the first and last steps of orders. For orders that have been graded, encased, and are just waiting to ship, they’re getting those out the door or as close to shipping as they can. For orders where they just need a couple more checks to send it off for processing, they’re doing that. This just makes their job easier when they come back as they don’t have orders sitting in limbo. It also prepares them if they need to be shut down for a long time.

4 Likes

Makes sense. Well, they better send my order out to me or they’ll be receiving complaints every day they are re-opened again lmao :rofl:

it would be a funny twist if when everything opens up and if they hire a bunch of new graders that people now want older certs.

2XXXX > 4XXX cert numbers because new grader conspiracy.

1 Like

:joy: