PSA 8 Rockets Scyther Ex

Does anyone know what price a PSA 8 Rockets Scyther ex from ex team rocket returns would fetch? I can’t find any reference.

take lowest sold NM ungraded price as a floor and 75% PSA 9 price as a ceiling. Its in that range.

Go to ebay and search for the card, filter the results by sold listings. Thats going to be the best way to find out the going prices of almost any cards.

yea it must not have sold recently cause I tried that earlier and it showed no results. Thanks though.

I know it can be hard sometimes to find the exact grade or condition of the card your looking for but typically you can get a good idea of what you should be paying. Also www.pokemonprice.com can be beneficial, the particular card your looking for only has two recorded sales for PSA 8 and none of them are recent but in April 2017 one sold for $152.50 and in May 2018 one sold for $52.50.

Thanks man. Yea I’m actually selling this card and I’m having a hard time finding what to price it at.

$100 price drop in a year…ouch

Too small of a sample size to say that. Two data points isn’t really going to tell you anything.

1 Like

It does if you’re selling.

It in no way does nor is it a price drop lol The card raw in near mint has only been increasing and there’s a lot more data on PSA 9’s and 10’s which are fetching like four times the raw card on eBay right now. Idk how you’d think two isolated outliers from two different years means its price dropped.

Maybe I’m confused. The OP asked about PSA 8 sales. The last and only 2 sales were mentioned above.

Can’t really compare PSA 8’s to 9’s and Gem 10’s lol.

If I had a Michael Jordan insert in a PSA 8 and wanted to sell it, buyers are going to look at the last PSA 8 sales prices and not raw, PSA 9 or GEM 10 prices.

I guess Pokemon cards are different?

As only 2 sales, you can correlate a better trend with the rise and or fall with raw/more traded grades. 2 sales are not enough to gauge a market value.

1 Like

No I just said that there’s a lot more data on 9’s and 10’s, not comparing it to a PSA 8. I’m saying there hasn’t been a drop in a near mint to mint PSA 8 if the price of a near mint raw copy has continued to increase. You cant take two sales that are a years apart to decide the price has dropped. Neither one of those two sales were mine and I purchased this card about a year ago for neither of those prices.

If a raw near mint copy’s price hasn’t dropped any time recent, it wouldn’t make it drop getting it graded a PSA 8.

PSA grades are pretty much set. Raw copies are speculation.

No dude you’re all turned around. It’s actually the opposite. Tcg player and other sites have set prices that everyone in the market refers to for raw cards based on their condition. PSA cards don’t have set prices. It’s whatever is decided to be fair by the seller based their own ability to analyze the market and ends with if someone is willing to pay the price they have it listed as. PSA cards are all over the place especially the more you get into the higher end. Plus you cant forget about auctions that a lot of the times end on the low side or high side but are still recorded as a sale. The auctions that have ended and come up short of fair market value dont represent a new fair market value and you can’t use them to assess the value of a card. Like someone said above you would refer to a raw near mint copy for the floor price of a PSA 8

I guess I’m still learning this whole thing. Sports cards are way different and that’s the field I’m deriving from. Not trying to argue, simply just pointing out my past experiences with sports cards. Pokemon are obviously different in many ways when considering a sales point.

Example:

I just bought this for 100 and the only sale on eBay is a 75 obo. Who knows, could have been accepted at 50 bucks… So was I supposed to go based off that only sale or just assume I’m getting a 100 dollar card because the seller was asking for 100 bucks? SO is this Blastoise a 100 dollar card or less than 75?

Asking prices reflect differently and I get that. One can ask for whatever, but if they are asking 115, why would I pay that if the only sale was lower than 75? I paid 100 because I’m going to keep and didn’t mind paying that price being that it was from a LCS. Card shop pricing is always on the higher side when comparing to past sales online. I hate that lol, but I’m impatient and would rather buy in person than from online.

I kinda went astray from the point, but my point is I guess is that Pokemon card pricing is somewhat different than sports cards.

Don’t get me wrong there is usually a general price range but that range isn’t black and white or set with PSA cards. It is easy to do some work and find out if you are grossly over paying of course. Most local game stores who sell mostly raw cards will reference tcg player or other sites because raw cards have set prices based on their condition. People pay what they are willing to pay within reason when it comes to PSA cards and sometimes even pay premiums to trustworthy sellers just to have that security. I recently completed no symbol jungle in PSA 10 and I spent up to $150 more than the lowest listed price on eBay at times for many different reasons. When you see that a PSA 8 Rockets Scyther sold at $150 in 2017 and $50 in 2018. That’s not a price drop because what about my sale in 2017 which was at neither of those price points. I couldn’t find this card in any graded form and spent a slight premium on it. Since it’s near mint raw price has continued to slightly increase and there’s only like four graded copies in general on eBay right now it really just depends on if I can find a reasonable price to list it at based on the price a a raw near mint copy and if anyone is willing to pay. Id never list it below the price of a raw near mint copy and the price of a raw near mint copy has increased beyond the price I paid for this graded copy. If that makes sense.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with sports vs. pokémon. Two data points mean poop all and you only need to look at other grades and/or raw copies to see that it isn’t an actual trend downwards.