Psa 8 1st ed base zard vs Mint Base unlimted booster box

I just need some advice or someone to sway my decision I can get these two items for a similar price but I can currently only afford to choose one.

Whatever I end up getting will be staying with me most likely to my grave so if anything i’m asking which do you think is best to buy now at this current time. Both are around the £4000 mark

www.elitefourum.com/t/limited-funds-what-to-prioritize/26129/1

1 Like

There is absolutely no way that you want both equally as much. Buy the one you want more.

1 Like

If you don’t plan on selling, buy whichever piques your interest more.

1 Like

Would you prefer to look at the most sought after card in the hobby? Or a box that might contain an unlimited version of said card that will most likely not grade a 10 anyways. For me, I would choose the card.

5 Likes

Whatever you have the most emotional/nostalgic connection with.

1 Like

Unfortunetly I do want them both equally. What I’m looking for is which do you guys/girls think will be harder to get in terms of availability / price let’s say next 2-3 years as eventually I will get both

Speculation can sway me I’m not looking for future readers just some opinions :blush:

This is what I’m looking for! Although I do like that feeling of not knowing what’s inside xD

You know deep inside you want the 1st edition Charizard more than a base box!

3 Likes

Base Box

1 Like

I’d def go for the ‘Zard. I think not only are cards nicer to look at than boxes (rare exceptions?), there’s overall less liability for a card (e.g., value not determined by status of very thin layer of plastic, less difficult to damage; easier to ship, easier to store).

1 Like

This is very true I didnt actually think of storing it long term just pictured myself sitting with it in my hands at all times

2 Likes

www.elitefourum.com/t/financially-smart-collecting-vs-investing-in-pokemon/25996/1

Why are you debating between the two? Literally either way, one of them you’ll be holding in your grave…

2 Likes

If I had the money, I’d put it towards various cheaper items to build an interesting diverse collection… but that is obiviously not your question.
If it has to be one of the two, I’d take the Zard over the box. Some people might disagree, but I find booster boxes relatively unpractical to collect and display. I see them more as an asset than as a collectible.

The one benefit of the box though is undoubtedly that in the far future you can have one final rush of heartwarming nostalgia when you open it together with your grandchildren as you lie on your deathbed. IF you can really keep it that long without selling or opening :wink:

1 Like

Easy Put it all on black & double your money :moneybag:

5 Likes

I feel like the potential of growth for the Zard is bigger. Even though there will be less and less boxes in the future, the zard is the one that everyone wants

1 Like

This applies to not just cards, but when I’m trying to decide between two things that I’m about equally interested in and have roughly equal value, I go for the one that takes up less space.

For that reason, I would buy the card over the box.

2 Likes

In 10 years, having a 7+ graded 1st Edition Base Zard will be a symbol of status in the collecting community just as a 10 in today’s market is.

2 Likes

I’m debating between the two because I’m (fingers crossed) no where near my grave. I have a lot already but its the first time I’ve wanted to put alot of money on one item as a centre piece of my collection.

1 Like