Charizard goal advice

Hey pokefam, I’m pretty new to the boards even though I’ve been back in the hobby for around 2 years now.

I was wondering what everyones opinion would be in terms of setting my next goal.

I’ve recently acquired the trio unlimited boxes, base, jungle and fossil. So now I’m looking at my next goal which is to acquire a psa 8 first edition shadowless zard, psa 9 shadowless Zard and a psa 10 unlimited Zard.

I was wondering for those more experienced in the market which of that trio should I priorities as my next goal before they become possibly unreachable. This will be my first attempt at more higher end cards so any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards
Dok

If you find a nice copy of any then nab that one first. I try to remember, Quality trumps Value.

1 Like

Get the most expensive one first.

5 Likes

I don’t think you have to worry about any of these 3 cards to become unreachable any time soon. I think right now is a great time to buy though. Shadowless 9 and Unlimited can be found for about $1500 and I expect them to go back to $2000+ in the near future. 1st Edition 8 is about $2500 and I expect at least a $500 increase on that card as well. I’m talking short term, like summer or early fall.

This is just me speculating, but if you find a good deal go for that one first. For Unlimited, make sure it’s a strong copy. You don’t want to overpay for a glorified 9.

the psa 8 1st edition get first :blush:

What does this even mean? I’d say $1000 for a single card is already unreachable for the vast majority of people.

Sometimes it’s good to put down E4 every once and a while and remember that the average person would be baffled that you could spend hundreds of dollars on a single Pokémon card.

7 Likes

Sure $1000 is a lot of money, but with a little hard saving most people should be able to save up $1000, sometimes you just need to cut out some of the other luxuries in your life, such as coffee every day, ditch the $5 coffee per day and you have almost 2k saved for that year alone

3 Likes

I thought your goal was neo :stuck_out_tongue: :joy::joy:
Love you mate :kissing_heart:

I’d get the 1st ed shadowless first, then the shadowless, then the unlimited. I think the unlimited cards are high right now, but even if they arent, I think they’ll go up the slowest. None of the three in those grades are all that unattainable though. You can buy a psa8 1st ed for around 2200 (2400-2500 on ebay but you can pay someone PPG&S for a cheaper sale). You could also find some solid prices on ungraded and try your hand at grading/flipping a few. It’s like Gary said though, whichever one you come across at a really good deal is the one you nab up first!

Thx everyone I appreciate the responses :blush:

Definitely gave me some food for thought.

I will hopefully be able to update what I decided on with a purchase in the next few months.

:joy: such a babe

Neo is a slow acquisition, pick up the odd one as I go. Shining Zard is just another Zard that makes the wallet quiver :joy:

If you read the OP they just recently acquired 3 booster boxes worth $4000+ in total.

I was merely telling this member that I don’t expect either 3 of the cards to see a substantial increase or double up any time soon. That’s all.

2 Likes

I would say for him to get an 8 first cause those prices you said for an 8 are ridiculous. 6s are going for around 1500 so quite honestly an 8 being under 3k just makes no sense. the market should catch on to that soon.

2 Likes

I would go for the 1st edition first. But like Gary said if you find a solid card and a good deal for one of the others first, jump on it.

Had an excellent opportunity come up and ended up with the unlimited first :blush:

Thx again for all the advice everyone.

I’m now one of my goals down :open_mouth:

11 Likes

Nice​:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like