PSA 10 jungle pack damaged

I received my graded wotc packs back from PSA a couple of weeks ago. I was organizing some items this morning and noticed that this PSA 10 jungle pack was damaged. I would assume it was pinched between the case when they were sealing it. You can see in the photos the 4 points of damage on the left side, the bottom hole being the worst, revealing pinched cards.

If I were to contact PSA about this do you think they would resolve this issue by some for of reimbursement?

1 Like

Check out this thread. In think in your case it will be easier because the payout isn’t as high

5 Likes

I was initially going to say wotc packs can have those holes, but the bottom one is definitely a tear. Perhaps on one of those factory holes.

2 Likes

first thing i thought when i opened the thread too, opened the image only to feel disappointed.
can literally see the yellow border of a card there… ouch.

1 Like

The worst part is this was from a jungle box I owned years ago. Kept one pack from the box break to grade and hold in my collection. Was happy it got a 10 until I saw the damages. You can actually see the cards dented aswell where it was pinched.

1 Like

Pay a company to do the one job they cannot do.

1 Like

What I gather from these damage threads is that PSA is incompetent in encapsulating booster packs. They need to relook at their process for packs.

Any graded packs recently? What is the turnaround time currently with Packs? Thank you very much

It took around 3 months total

I received a reply from PSA custom request Center regarding the damaged booster pack. They told me I would have to send in the item for further review.

Why would I have to send it in? You can clearly see the pack is damaged inside the case and was done by PSA or else it wouldn’t have gotten the Gem mint 10.

If I do send it in will I get my item back aswell?

Sending it in is required. They will review the damage, provide the new grade, and compensate you for the monetary difference in the grades. You’ll receive the new slab/grade and a check.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

Yes, they have to check it out themselves. They’ll also try to pin it on everyone from USPS, to you not handling it properly. So, just stay firm with them.

They will likely say it’s now a 7-8, and then offer you the difference in their (conservative) estimation.

I feel for you! Fight them on it if it’s too low an offer!

4 Likes