Received a damaged PSA 10 from my submission

I just received back a submission and was looking over the cards and saw that this one has been damaged. On the front it seems to have a little bit of an indent and then on the back it has whitening which was not there when I submitted it. I’m guessing it happened during encapsulation and not grading because I cant see a card like this receiving a 10.

I’m looking for people’s opinions on whether or not I should contact PSA about it and exactly what the process is. I have read about PSA’s grade guarantee on their website and am debating on whether or not that is the road I should go down.

Now to air my grievances with this situation. I know I’m not the only person this has happened to, but I feel a little cheated because lets say I do go down that route and the card regrades anywhere between 5-9 and I get compensated the difference. I would have to sell the card when I get it back to help afford a PSA 10 or pay the rest out of pocket to acquire one for my collection, which at this point is a little out of my price range. Or I can keep the card as is in my collection and have it in the back of my mind that I don’t believe my PSA 10 should be a PSA 10.

I am sorry to hear this happened to you. A very similar thing happened to one of my 10s and I found myself wondering the same thing.

I ended up selling the card online with a clear disclaimer & picture, ended up rebuying another copy myself.

Although I do feel we really shouldn’t accept these type of things, and in hindsight, I wish I complained (I graded through Ludkins, so I guess they would have handled it for me).

Selling it with a disclaimer and purchasing another is something that I did not think of and is another viable route. With going the PSA route something to consider is the amount of time it will take to get back to you and if in the end you get compensated what you feel like is appropriate for market value. I would hate to send it back and PSA tell me that what they are considering market value to actually be under market value.

Sorry for what happened. That sucks. There’s probably many worse looking 10s out there though. I personally would just keep the card as the damage looks minor from the photos in my opinion. If I were to sell it, I would put a disclaimer and would sell it for the price of a “weak” 10 or put it on auction

Pikachu’s expression pretty much expresses how I feel about your situation. Sorry to see this. Going back to PSA will probably take a year in turnaround …

1 Like