pissed

Man that must really suck for you…

I’d suggest bring it up to PSA directly.
If you have photos or some kind of proof of the condition before the damage then I suggest you bring it to PSA’s attention?

Shit man. Do you have pictures of the cards in the old cases without the damage?
This next part may be frustrating to hear about after the fact but have you seen my thread on plastic polish?

All these PSA horror stories getting worse and becoming increasingly more common have me going like:

7 Likes

Sorry to hear man. Let me know how you go. Did you happen to take photos before sending?

Yeah i’ve got a photo of the front and back. Kinda hard to tell there is no small crease on the top left because I didn’t focus on that specific area.

Should I just contact them by email? What will / can they even do about all this?

So, the japanese card got a 10 in that condition? Does that mean it was pinched in the case when they encapsulated it?

Yes the japanese card is a 10, in that condition. And yeah it must of gotten smashed while re encapsulating.

Something is not quite right down at PSA

2 Likes

Just the fact ones a 10 with that dent should be enough if you present them together to CS.

3 Likes

The 10 you will easily be reimbursed for re-encapsulation fee. They will take it back, crack it, regrade it and pay you the difference in market value between the grades. (Push for them to cover shipping both ways on this) Same goes for the PSA 6 zard. Unfortunately at that low of a grade adding damage like that may not even necessarily drop the grade all that much. If it only drops it to a 4/5 you won’t be looking at a large amount of reimbursement but obviously it seems to have a fair detriment to the appeal of the card. Theoretically if it were an extremely “strong 6” perhaps an added indent may not even drop it a full grade, but with that large of an indent I would imagine it would.

Get on the phone to PSA and send these photos and any pre reslab photos along. Be sure to be courteous. In the future definitely check out the thread on cleaning PSA cases.

I contacted them and they went ahead and told me to submit a case for damage review. They’re going to pay for shipping both ways as long as they see damage that they caused. The guy at psa I’ve been emailing told me what “ ATTN “ to write on the box and all that.

But honestly I’m not even sure if I want to send them back to psa. I was serious when I said that was my first time ever sending anything to them, and they managed to damage 2 cards. Idk

More and more of these stories keep showing up

Always remember you only hear about the negative things 99% of the time, so they tend to feel like they stick out more. People are much more inclined to write negative reviews or posts as opposed to making a thread titled, “PSA did my order correctly!”

PSA makes mistakes, they shouldn’t, but they are human.

4 Likes

come on man, we all strike bad luck from time to time, but don’t forget the brightside, the more cards they damage the faster PSA runs out of business and you will have your great vengeance, ofcourse that is me just kidding.
it sucks cause in many cases the cards you graded were meant for your collection and proved difficult to find in said condition,
in that regard no compensation could ever undo that damage and the ultimate buzzkill of that journey.

now luckily the cards were damaged after receiving the grade.
and with that i wish you the best of luck D:.

while i completely agree, some of these horror stories are pretty much based on PSA’s reluctance to solve an issue.
like Gav1337’s Packs that were encapsulated incredibly poorly and in the process damaged, - Fazool’s Charizard that was wearing 1st edition Camouflage… and i believe those kind of stories stick around and are a ton louder than companies who put customer satisfaction above those who do not.
not to mention a Tweet PSA deleted off their twitter in regards to a person mentioning fake 1st edition’s they personally graded.
i believe a professional statement will always outweigh silence and attempts to hide bad PR instead of comforting people and customers that they are aware and on top of the issues at hand.

3 Likes

Thanks for the friendly words. I think what i’m going to do is send the psa 10 card back for a damage review, which im guessing it will come back as a 6-7 maybe a 5. get a couple bucks back and call it a day. I’m going to hold on to the psa 6 charizard and just leave it as it is. Honestly I dont think it would take the grade down too much if at all. It was a solid 6 before hand with a decent front, so its not the end of the world. Thanks for all the advice everyone. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like