PSA 10 FPO Charizard

I think if psa never stopped recognizing FOP cards and were still grading them you would not be seeing such hate towards them. also i believe the prices would be a lot lower since more graded copies would be available. Cool piece of WOTC history, but i really don’t think you can compare it to a psa 10 1st ed zard as far as price and rarity go. I would imagine grading a non holo surface vs a holo surface would generate a lot more 9s and 10s overall. I know that a prototype card in theory would be more rare, but i think the cards entry point into the hobby should be looked at as well when comparing it to cards that survived the pre grading era and were opened/played with into oblivion (1st ed, shadowless, unl. zard)

1 Like

some have decided that psa will decide what they should like or not like. Others agree with psa’s decision to recognize or recognize certain cards.

luckily, you can just collect what like, and pay whatever price you feel is fair. if anything, being contrarian could even be a good idea if the card is fundamentally important / an interesting piece. if psa decided to recognize it tomorrow, card value might change quite a bit. if they don’t - who cares? there are still quite a few interested buyers and given its scarcity a floor price is likely already set.

psa 10 fpo charizard is an amazing card imo which many have mentioned on this thread, and should be worth a lot of money. maybe not 50k, but low five figures looks ok to me in today’s market.

2 Likes