Superb work! Might be the best article ever made on E4. Such a great read!
amazing work @quuador … I’m stunned by the quality of your research.
It’s not really my research in this case tbh. It’s primarily Tavis King research. I ‘simply’ compiled it into one clear timeline overview based on his videos.
But thanks regardless. ![]()
Greetz,
Quuador
Fantastic article @quuador , Very well put together with tons of information as always!
Don’t really have any knowledge in MTG myself and the article helped out with that too, Protostoise has a very interesting history that’s for sure! What a way to end 2020 ![]()
https://instagram.com/p/CIgIU1lF2Jt
www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8744/pokemon-test-print-blastoise/
@pokecollectoramy Yeah, just saw it on Discord a minute ago. I will be adding some of CGC’s information to the article when I have some time. ![]()
Greetz,
Quuador
Incredible article btw! Didn’t mean to overshadow it at all if I did by posting
No, I only subscribed @quuador. I ignored the rest of the thread.
www.cgccomics.com/news/article/8744/pokemon-test-print-blastoise/
CGC consistently putting in work to appease the OG collectors. @quuador thanks for the post
I’ve updated the main post to include some additional information and pictures from the CGC article, of course crediting them. This also includes a fifth Protostoise copy that features the Galaxy Holofoil we are familiar with in released Pokémon Base Set cards, which was used as test print later along the line, and also lacks the MTG back (it has a solid white back instead).
Greetz,
Quuador
Awesome job putting all this together.
I’m still here and happy to answer any questions about mine.
@quuador, Thanks for the superb article man. You’re a great asset to the community.
CGC continues to impress with their pro collector decisions. This was a great article to read.
Wildly impressive read. Written out perfectly. Thank you kind sir for the knowledge and breakdown.
Also, good on CGC for stepping into landmine territory and having the balls to grade them. Another notch in their belt.
Very thorough research and nice contribution to pokemon history!
CGC mentions in the comment section of their IG post that there may be one available for auction in January. Man, as a Blastoise collector I would love to have this card. But I would assume that there would be tons of interests between Blastoise collectors, test print/errors and most likely the MTG community as well.
CGC mentions in the comment section of their IG post that there may be one available for auction in January. Man, as a Blastoise collector I would love to have this card. But I would assume that there would be tons of interests between Blastoise collectors, test print/errors and most likely the MTG community as well.
The White Backed one, should go up with Heritage in January.
Awesome job putting all this together.
I’m still here and happy to answer any questions about mine.
Is yours one of the 4 copies encased? If not, any plans on getting it certified and graded?
The one.
The only.
The Quuador.
Excited to see these authenticated at last ![]()
One has just been listed one on Facebook if anyone is interested
facebook.com/groups/VCpokemart/permalink/1448765885298558/
So how much is this card worth?
* In before people say as much as someone wants to pay for it.
What do people estimate it’s worth at?
IMO Its worth will be lower than Charizard 1st ed. As that’s the iconic card. Perhaps it’ll be priced like a Trophy Pikachu?