Print run question

Hi E4,

Do we have any idea what the sheer supply of certain sets printed is? Ex. do we have statements from Wizards about this back in the WOTC era? I was curious bc I’m wondering the difference between heavily printed sets like Base, Jungle, Fossil is when compared to the e-series, which is known to have much less supply. Thanks! Any speculation is welcome, too.

well i dont think we have any exact numbers on it but we do have situational data of just seeing how many of a certain set are readily available to buy. skyridge being the least run set for wotc for a number of reason i believe. we also know that ultra prism (released recently) is already rising in price due to its scarcity (about $130-140 per booster box). i highly doubt we will ever have definitive numbers on how many sets were printed of each though. its probably a bit easier to track nowadays just because of the vast share of knowledge but not the wotc sets.

www.elitefourum.com/t/an-elaborate-attempt-at-print-run-estimation-wip-5-8-18/20273/1

Hopefully this is helpful.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Ultra Prism is probably only increasing in value because it is standard format post rotation and has multiple staples. Full art Cynthia & Lillie are two big reasons why.

1 Like

Did ultra prism have a small print run? Is this a modern box to invest in?

Here’s a video from back in the day talking about the set around release time: