Information about print runs?

I’m curious to find out more information about print runs, can anyone help me out with that?

Formerly I always thought cards were being printed for days/weeks if not months, but I guess that does not make a lot sense and that it is only a few hours in reality? And if so, are some sets only printed for a few hours? On the other hand I often hear about printing capacity problems for some sets/other games, is that simple because it can take several weeks/months to get finished product distributed?

In any case, please enlighten me with what information you have :blush:

I don’t think they are printing a set for months, weeks for sure.
You could see that on the reprint of Roaring Skies, when pre orders got shipped out in parts because they weren’t confident enough that they could print the demand.

Knowing every sheet is 11x11 cards. And the print runs probably involves all product for that set at once. So boosters, theme decks, promo cards that come with the blisters, energy cards for elite boxes etc. you can’t really be sure at any time.

But personally I think they’re already been printing Burning Shadows for atleast 3-4 weeks.

That’s a difficult question to answer. In my understanding, they don’t really print the entire run at once. Of course there is probably a large print run in the beginning to satisfy initial demand, but then there’s a two-year-ish period where they print as much product as there is demand for it. That’s why you can get BKT and BKP boxes at about the same price as SM or GDR boxes, but boxes like PHF are out of print and therefore more expensive.

This is also why people with less knowledge of the market and printing practices thought Evolutions would immediately soar in value right after its release and bought sealed cases to “invest.” That makes sense if you’ve got something like a 10-year plan, but people didn’t recognize that investing immediately will simply lead TPCi to print more product. Within that two-year window I assume there is no limit to their production. There’s no set number of boxes to be produced per run.