Price relativity question for Korean sets (still learning!)

Hey everyone,

I returned to the hobby six months ago, and I have a question about price relativity and what to make of this. I’d love to hear the opinions of people more experienced than me!

I’m currently living in Seoul, and it’s been quite interesting to see how Korean Shiny Star V has gone from being sold at 50,000krw ($44) msrp on release to 100,000 ($89) on the second-hand market in a fairly short amount of time. However, single cards have stayed relatively the same, and you can comfortably buy a Shiny Charizard VMax SSR locally for 150,000krw-175,000krw ($134-$156) and a Shiny Charizard V for about 100,000krw-125,000krw ($89-$111). So, you can get the two most popular chase cards from the set for less than the price of three booster boxes.

What does this mean? Does it mean the price of the booster boxes is overinflated? Does it mean people are selling the single cards for too little? Or, is the price right and people just love the experience of opening packs?

As I said, I haven’t been around that long so I’d love to hear from other collectors as I’m sure this has happened a lot in the past across different sets.

Thank you! :blush:

www.elitefourum.com/t/before-you-post-a-thread-in-price-and-market-discussion/29138/1

1 Like