Price Check for PSA 10 Ultra Rare 108/106 Charizard

What do you value this card at? I bought one recently, thought I got a decent price on it… But after watching some of smpratte’s videos I can’t decide if this ultra rare stuff is actually a good investment or not.

Personally I thought this card was $400.00 ++ but it seems like I see this card (base) non-graded selling for less and less everday over the last 2 weeks.

Also, I have only been collecting about 2 weeks and I have definitely overpaid on some cards already - so if I have bought from you on eBay… You’re welcome :grin:.

Thanks guys! This is an awesome forum… Wish I started sooner!

Which Charizard are you talking about? Which set?

It’s ok to make rookie mistakes. I strongly suggest to study the market quite a bit. Also don’t hesitate to ask around. Some members will certainly help or even offer you the cards you need a bit cheaper than what you do see on ebay.

I’m not sure any of the newer sets are a good investment unless you buy for the right price. No one knows for sure what the market will look like a few years from now though.

Thank you for the reply, I just managed to get my hands on this www.trollandtoad.com/p157378.html - a PSA 10 Gold Star Raikou. Why are these so much cheaper than all the other gold stars?

Also the Charizard I am talking about is, www.trollandtoad.com/p1053672.html (from XY: Flashfire 2014)

one just went on the market (eBay for 695.00 buy it now) - I think thats way overpriced… but if it sold… ill take it! :stuck_out_tongue:

I get the feeling you ought to slow down brother. Spend more time on our site here going over threads, asking questions etc. Collecting only two weeks leaves you open to making a lot of mistakes and wasting a lot of money.
All these cards will be around for a long time so there’s no hurry.

You understand?

Start off by heading over to the below thread and introduce yourself and give us your story:)
www.elitefourum.com/t/welcome-to-elite-fourum-thread/11520/1

3 Likes

You graded card buyers are bananas. I got my Mint one for $70.

HOLY MOLY… You’re the one selling the million dollar collection of Charizards :open_mouth:

Its an honor. You really are the GOAT.

That Charizard card sold for $365 on September 10. Not sure where you see the $650 figure.

The gold star raikou is a sub $200 card for PSA 10.

By the way the sold listings is a tool I wish more people would use. Unless it’s a rare card that only shows up so often it literally takes a few second to get a good idea of a card value.

1 Like

www.elitefourum.com/t/mystery-of-the-entei-suicune-and-raikou-goldstars/13863/1

I recommend reading over that thread if you’re interested in the gold star dogs.

2 Likes

Collecting is a patience man’s game. I’ve been at it as a serious hobby for 4 years and I can honestly say I have lost a good bit of money by rushing. Now I wait until I see a price I deem reasonable and jump on things like that, realistically I do not think I’ll hit some of my collecting goals, but that is just the nature of the beast. Slow and steady.

2 Likes

Awesome! thanks for the advice… Yes, I like to believe I am only buying things at a decent price. I look at all the sold listing and make sure I am at the lowest they have sold… or try too… unless its something I just really like… like ancient mews… (i know) lol… I am one of those

Thanks for the compliment:)
You’ll find most of the top world class collectors here on efour. Plus we love having enthusiastic new collectors join us.

Good tips:)

You’d be my pick for the first HGS 10.

HGS=Human Grading Services

4 Likes

Right. “Slow and steady wins the race”

This has been awesome. Thank you guys… Well it looks like I got some pretty great prices then! :grin:

So I am in the Navy… and I can’t decide whether my decision to cut back on the bar in order to fund my collecting addiction has been a good or bad thing… Because if my bar tab was anything near what I have spent in the last 2 weeks… Well we would all be drinking… For free :grin:

But fuck, it has been fun!

I recommend spending some time thinking about what you want out of your collection. This was probably the longest step for me, sometimes you think you know what you want at first but only after some time passes you’ll have a more firm idea.

Secondly as others have stated just do a lot of research. I don’t comment on every thread here but I pay as much attention as I can. You might find something you want to add to your collection you didn’t know existed.

Thirdly budget, this is my number one rule. You can’t just throw a crazy amount of money around and expect it to last. Some people have larger budgets than others and its ok to have a smaller one. My budget is one which lets me spend on a weekly basis unlike my old one which was monthly.

Only you know what you want but we are here to help you on your collection journey.

Have fun and keep collecting.

This is great advice as well. Thank you, Friend!