Price check Ungraded Mint Pikachu, Mew, and Umbreon Stars

Hi all! Can’t seem to find reliable values for these on ebay, as the mint ungraded GS market is incredibly small. Would like your expert appraisal assuming no visible defects, pack-to-sleeve ungraded condition. Thanks!

I buy a lot of raw cards that I think have shot at 10’s to grade and resell for profit. Price I pay depends on several factors including:

-odds I think it’ll get a 10
-PSA 10/PSA 9 price multiple
-long term prospects of value
-price stability
-liquidity
-if I need the card in my collection

If a card is highly liquid (frequently traded), highly desired, rising in price or due to rise in price (IMO), decent chance at a 10/almost guaranteed a 9 I will easily pay mint 9 prices without hesitation. In some cases where PSA 10 is worth 10x or more than a PSA 9 I have sometimes gambled and paid as much as double the value of a PSA 9. When the 10 is worth so much more than the 9 it is easy to buy several raw examples and you really only need one “hit” (10) to make up for several “misses” (9’s and the rare 8)

There is a reason the mint ungraded market is incredibly small… Because grading usually makes you a fair bit more money especially if they come back a 10. For the reasons I mentioned above though in many cases you can realize just as much profit selling a raw card that would eventually get a PSA 9 because someone else will pay around that value to take the gamble. It really can go either way.

Thanks for your input. I understand all of what you mentioned. The reason I ask is that I’m working out a potential trade where both sides have raw mints, but neither can agree on a price range.

Most of the gold stars in PSA 9 have recent sales or current BIN listings. I would just value them roughly around that PSA 9 price if they are truly mint.

3 Likes

If it helps I paid $145 for a very mint GS Mew last week.

Seller didn’t add “Gold Star” to listing title so maybe it went lower than it should’ve

1 Like

Yeah probably. Should go for 200 easily if that mint.

Mint pikachu 300 USD
Mew 200 USD
Umbreon/Espeon 550-600 USD ea

Price are high at the moment and I know lots of people willing to pay top prices for mint gold stars.
Note these are prices for cards that would grade 9/10