Price check: PSA 10 Danone Charizard

Hey just got this graded. Its pop 2 and I believe the only other 10 was sold years ago. Any guesses at its value? Thank you.
imgur.com/a/BQAg3w4

5 Likes

No clue, but damn thats a cool card

1 Like

Interesting card! I’d list on ebay for a high price like $30k with best offer and see what people offer. Make sure the description has a story of how you got the card, what you know about it, high res photos, and the pop report etc. etc. I think you’ll be surprised what people offer.

You might want to message @thecharizardauthorty if Rusty is still going for the updated complete charizard psa 10 set

6 Likes

Very cool! It is a tough 10. I would interested, not at $30k, but interested for sure.

Anytime I see this card it reminds me of my Dad. Back around 2014 I had a huge box of Stadium Tip cards. I think there are 40 in the set, plus 2 variations of 8 Holos, and then another Mewtwo non-holo variation. I had these stadium tip cards along with loads of other Pokemon product basically in a giveaway piles. My Dad said he wanted to set them back and makes sets as they were probably more rare than I thought. He did and I just brushed it off as if I knew better. After he died, I found these and had quite a few different emotions hit me. I am so grateful to have a Dad who was probably my biggest fan, but it makes me wish I had appreciated that opportunity to enjoy the moments more while I had him.

14 Likes

Such a great guy @thecharizardauthorty. I’d give you the card if I had it. *wipes away tear*

3 Likes

If you are not able to make a deal directly with TCA, this is a good example of a card that would likely perform well at auction. Instead of guessing what it may be worth and trying to pin down an exact value, desirable and rare cards in high grades flourish in an auction setting because you are exposed to the most possible buyers over a period of time with assisted marketing. It’s not possible to know who your buyer is for something like this as a BIN except within whatever niche community you have reach in. And expert advice is only going to be able to take shots based on comps. There may be two people with motivations we cannot ascertain that have deep pockets and are entirely unknown to everyone on E4 (because the market is huge) that would, in an auction setting, reach prices that would not otherwise be achieved in a guessing game BIN negotiation.

1 Like

To me, I will just never understand the non-tcg stuff especially what people will pay for something with a charizord slapped on it. The first estimation here is 30k for a Canadian yogurt charizord promo with some jank af looking holo. Because charizord and because PSA 10.
But who am I to say how the market values something. The heart wants what it wants I guess.

3 Likes

@pkmnflyingmaster, I sometimes think about all the random junk I’ve seen (and things I haven’t seen) with a stock Sugimori Zord slapped on it, and all the value lost by not preserving it. Soap bottles, bootleg stickers, literal toilet paper.

2 Likes

I only said to list it at an insane price and see what offers you’d get in negotiation!

Can you really claim your ass is clean when it hasn’t been kissed by a charizard printed roll of toilet paper?

1 Like

Not PSA 10 clean, that’s for sure.

2 Likes

I understand but it’s still an estimation of where you think the ceiling is! And frankly I don’t even think you’re crazy for suggesting it.