Price Check: 2002 Summer Battle Road No. 1 Trainer (Boy)

Hi all,

New user and first time poster, so pls forgive me if this is not the right forum for these questions.

I am considering selling/trading my copy to help complete more WotC sets (LC, skyridge, etc). Card comes in original folder. I would really appreciate any informed estimates or pointers on how I can research such info. I see a few active listings on ebay but not sure if those prices are realistic. My understanding is this is one of the more common trophy cards for that era. I was not able to find any recently sold listings.

Thanks in advance for your help! :pray:

P.S. On the same note, how much does a complete legendary collection master set in NM go for nowadays?

4 Likes

Do you have pictures so that I can gauge the condition? You can censor / crop your name out for privacy.

They are less rare than the trophies preceding them (99 total No. 1 Boy Trainer; split evenly between two styles, iirc 50 old back 2000-2001 and 49 new back 2002), but because of having the name personalization and sentimental value, the winners don’t sell very often hence your difficulty.

I recently sold my 2002 Spring Boy No. 1 Trainer with the original folder in NM-MINT condition for $42k. If yours is mint it’s $50k+ definitely enough to help you complete your sets. I may know interested buyers.

9 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing, @qwachansey. I messaged you some more detailed pics. I don’t think the card is gem mint, but I also don’t know much about grading. Please let me know what you think and whether it changes your estimate.

Do you or anyone know what a legendary collection master set currently price at? Trying to figure out if I could afford it without having to trade/sell this card :sweat_smile:.

18 Likes

Just a personal thingy here but I wouldn’t trade or sell your boy trainer (or any other trophy card) to get set cards. That kind of trophy card is so much more harder to find in any condition than set cards and chance the get another nr. 1 trainer again is slim at best.

Amazing card tho!

15 Likes

That looks great! I responded via private message

This is Beautiful. Would love own a num 1 trainer as my end goal

1 Like

Thanks @ayoveer for sharing your thoughts. I think I share a similar sentiment to a large extent. On the other hand, I also really want to complete the LC set for nostalgia, but it’s hard to justify pulling the trigger (or at least hard to convince my spouse that it’s a good investment :joy:) without self-funding some of the cost. Definitely lots to think about.

@justinmew I will let you know if I decide to part with it.

1 Like

I can not agree more! All those Trophy Cards are a once in a lifetime achievement to me. Set Cards you can buy any day of the year :slight_smile:

2 Likes