Seller looking for offers on 2006 No.1 Trainer

Don’t see these come up for sale too often

1 Like

Crazy I just responded to another player this morning. I wonder if worlds is making them curious. If they want to find out what its worth today I will gladly consign it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I’ll see if I can get him to contact you

1 Like

He is a friend of mine, I can tell him but I think he is just posting it looking for offers

5 Likes

I would still talk to someone like Scott first. The Facebook G-ballers aren’t going to give him a fair offer typically. And the people who would probably aren’t paying attention to FB.

4 Likes

I know haha, the thing is that he won’t like to auction it most likely

100%! What typically happens is when a bunch of people who don’t deal with these cards interject, they just give the winners false hope they will earn peak price. For example, that 110k is the highest publicly sold half art pika. Multiple have been sold since, some nowhere near that price.

4 Likes

That sale shook the No. trainer tree and a bunch came out of the woodwork after.

1 Like

These are the last sales for a number 2 trainer and yeah, it was the peak sale

4 Likes

Exactly! Actually the other player I’m talking to has a bgs 9 1st Ed charizard and was told by other players it’s worth 30-40k. Im currently explaining how bgs isn’t psa and how 2023 isn’t 2020. :melting_face:

Also rip the person who bought the no 2 from pwcc for 65k then flipped it on goldin for 26k. :headstone:

13 Likes

This was shortly after the Fed bank turned the money printers off in Nov/Dec 2021 due to tightening and trying to lower the massive inflation. Big collapse ensued in cryptos and then the stock market started to free fall shortly after. Top that off with the inflation/interest rate risks and people started scaling back considerably on all assets including collectibles. All I know is I got some crazy deals on certain cards last year that I haven’t seen pop up since that time.

Either way, cheers to all who have had diamond hands since 2021/2022 :gem: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Where do the folks here think a half art number one is worth these days? id guess around 80k.

Id think the full art ones might be like 85k since more people seem to like the full art. But ive never seen a full art #1 sell publically.

This listing included a 2005 No. 1 Trainer, the promos in each language, the event winning deck, battle dictionary, the original steel deck case, binder, backpack, water bottles, etc. and sold for $51,600. I don’t think the No. 1 Trainers will sell for as much as people think. :person_shrugging:

https://goldin.co/item/perez-steele-celebration-post-card-collection-needs-siggrega

5 Likes

This is why with something like this unless you can snag a crazy offer you will just have to end up going the auction route. Which is why it’s handy to have someone to discuss it with to get an idea of what a crazy offer would even be.