WTB 1998 No. 1 Trophy Pikachu. $85k+

I am willing to buy a 1998 No. 1 Trophy Pikachu (technically awarded between 1997-1998 and some are labeled “1999” by PSA).

$85k+, my offer will vary by condition. Will buy either in trophy case or graded.

35 Likes

Hope you the best on this Epic Hunt

1 Like

Ooof! Good luck! Hope you find it!

1 Like

Good luck on your hunt!

1 Like

Best of luck! Someone find this man a trophy card :blush:

1 Like

Good luck on this epic hunt man! this card is the ultimate dream!

1 Like

Good luck, what a crazy goal! But in the end there will never be a better point in time to get these high-end items!

2 Likes

I think you were lucky that 2 copies appeared for sale on mandarake, that was probably your best chance for a long time. I think there is only a hand full of people on e4 that own a no. 1 pika (I believe only 3-4). So I doubt you‘d get lucky with a purchase through e4, although your offer is good. Keep an eye out on YJ for an extra copy. Good luck!

Btw, the No. 1 Pika is the most beautiful of the 3!

2 Likes

Well, I did bid double the amount that a PSA 9 No. 3 Pika sold for last month and still lost out, so I don’t know how “lucky” I really got. But I know what you mean.

I made a similarly desperate thread for a Snap Bulbasaur a couple of months ago and even fewer people on E4 own that card, then whaddya know one popped up on Zen Market and someone on E4 alerted me to it because my interest in the card was well-known. Trying to see if lighting strikes twice. :laughing:

I know of 4 people on E4 (including you) who own this card but E4 does have its share of notable collectors and nothing really surprises me.

Side note - despite your love of the No. 1 and my desire for it, it’s still always seemed to me like the No. 3 gets the most love!

2 Likes

You can PM gacnac. He has a PSA 7 one that may be available for sale if you give a good offer.

We almost came to terms on a deal a few months back but it failed. I did reach out to him. Thanks.

Good luck EB!

Good luck! Doing a public post like this does increase odds as I would remember to notify people I think who may be interested. Are you dead set on the #1 winner spot? I think you’ll probably dramatically increase your odds if it can be any numbered trainer.

This is just from my personal experience, but usually collectors who have the #1 trainer from the 1997-1998 eras almost always have a complete set of the trophies (either #1, #2, #3 or #1 of TMB, SSB and Pika) so it’ll be a bit tougher for them to break their sets. My prior experience interacting with Japanese collectors are almost always that; they have the complete #1, 2 and 3 of the trophies, making it much harder for them to part with their cards because they would definitely not want to sell their #1 trophy away.

Wow Bulba, I wish you the best of luck in finding one!!! :blush:

2 Likes