Post your super low POP slabs! (pop 10 or less)

Pop 4 :smile:

17 Likes

Super obscure prints like this are why I love this hobby. Super cool to learn about! Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Pop 5

21 Likes

Aren’t there a lot of those energy sets throughout an era’s promos? Why specifically this one?

This set of Energies is particularly famous among collectors who are interested in completing Japanese S-P promos due to a series of reasons:

1. These Energies were given to customers who visited Pokémon Center in Japan, participated in in-store tutorial sessions and reached a certain criteria. The event was never advertised out loud so most people weren’t even realized that the cards are being given out until it’s too late.
  2. The event started from SM era and carried on to SWSH without a clear cut-off of distribution dates between generations. This had caused some stores with low participation rates to keep giving out the SM variants and hold the SWSH variants until they run out of previous stocks.
  3. The event was ended abruptly in February 2020 due to COVID outbreak, and while in-store tutorials were resumed after the pandemic, the event was modified to no longer giving out the Energies. Some stores had not even started giving out SWSH copies when the event ended, and the whereabouts of undistributed copies remained unknown.

The reasons above had caused the cards to be surprisingly hard to find (with types like Lightning and Fire easier and types like Grass and Fighting extremely hard) and collectors paying up to 3 digits per card to complete their binders.

TBH cards in my set such as the Fighting Energy can be questionable as a PSA 10 with its edge whitenings, but I’ve already decided to live with it as it’s the only mint copy I can find in my 2 years of hunting. To me cards like Zard or Eeveelutions are easy to source as long as you’re able to pay, but cards like these put your collection skills to the ultimate test.

7 Likes

Pop 12, was <10 some months ago

5 Likes

Basically the only Raichu card i would drop my minimum of a 9 grade for.

I am super envious!

2 Likes

This card is a POP 1 and probably will be for a long time as almost nobody except me bothers to grade DP Reverse Holos. And I pulled it myself which makes it even better to me.

25 Likes

D&P reverse holos have like no pop. I need one for an Oddish as well, currently 0 graded :open_mouth:

1 Like

In case foreign cards qualify for the low pop:

They’re pop 4 and pop 5 respectively

6 Likes

Pop 9. If my understanding is correct the unlimited is much rarer than the 1st edition

16 Likes

Pop 8 is the lowest i have. harder challenge as a 10/ uncreative collector :boom:

10 Likes

Both pop 8

12 Likes

Most of the ex cards in this set are below pop 10. Salamence is pop 7.
Its not even the lowest pop ex for salamence, but i havent got that other one yet

15 Likes

Out of the 15 rares of 3rd print fossil there are 5 rares that are still pop 1 in psa 10. I have 4 of the 5. Raichu is a pop 10 due to it being available elsewhere. The rest are either pop 2 or pop 3.

13 Likes

Population 9

Population 10

12 Likes

Time for my awkward ass to shine

18 Likes

Not going to post them all, but after going through my Registry I have 31 cards that are pop 10 or under :sweat_smile: 4 of them are pop 1.

2 Likes

Not sure if autos would be allowed but it is a pop 1 and two total across all grades (the other one is just authenticated).

13 Likes

Well for languages other than English and Japanese most cards automatically fall into that category, so 4 out of my 5 graded cards have super low populations:

Pop 1

Pop 1

Pop 2 (Pop 8 for all grades)

Pop 1

4 Likes