Positive eBay story!

With all the bad luck everyone seems to be having lately on eBay(me included) wanted to share a good story!

I needed to buy a base set Japanese Charizard for my binder set, all the US based sellers were selling it for $15+ more than this seller, and those looked in very poor/heavy played condition.

Since I wanted a binder condition one, I was looking for cards listed in light played/excellent to NM condition and decided to go with this Japanese seller.

Seller uploaded very good photos of the card, also deliberately posted pictures of the card at an angle which is key to see if there’s any scratches!

They also used individual numbers in the description to tell the cards from each other, since they were selling multiples copies of the card in different conditions. I recently had a huge nightmare where a big US card store did a bait and switch on me, so the fact that this seller goes the extra mile to prevent accidental switching of the cards was great!

After purchasing the card I received a message from the seller informing me they will be mailing from Japan so It would take longer than usual. They also asked why I chose to buy from them instead of another eBay seller.

7 days go by and the card shows up, regular mail. That was quick! (They do have a tracking option but it’s $6 more, and for a low dollar card didn’t wanna splurge for it. Regular mail was free.)

Literally on the same day that I placed this order I also ordered another card from a US seller only two states away from me and that took 6 more days than this one from Japan! (that one was shipped USPS first class with tracking)

As soon as I opened the envelope I see all this! seller threw in an extra card, little poster, Pikachu origami and pack art!
…yeah yeah yeah all of this is only worth a few cents, but still really cool!

Best of all the card was in AMAZING condition. Like I was expecting a “binder” condition light played one but this thing looks so good, not a single scratch on the entire card/holo!
No hesitation calling it near mint, and this seller considers that to be excellent!

(Hard to tell from the pic but the card was penny sleeved, post it note type pull tab, toploader and placed in the baggie that the pack art is in)

After all the heartbreak I’ve had with crappy eBay sellers these past few months I was SO HAPPY to get this little miracle.

Little plug for the seller’s store: www.ebay.com/sch/hiromiyo/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

11 Likes

That’s actually very sweet :blush: great to see more positives on here !!

Japanese sellers are top, honestly. I’ve also received an origami before, snacks, extra cards, tea… They often surprise people with something nice :blush:

2 Likes

Great share. It’s awesome to read upbeat stories:)

This for sure. 99% of the time sellers from Japan pack well and really seem to care, its amazing.

1 Like

Hiroyuki is such a kind seller. He always puts in the extra effort. I remember when he first started on eBay and asked if I could ship him some sparklers for his wedding. I found out about the “explosives” restrictions, which was funny.

I actually bought something from him this month. He is a great example of someone I will pay a higher price for their service.

6 Likes

This is lost, not just in this community, but in today’s world in general. People want the absolute lowest price but expect the same great service. Having worked in wireless and insurance I see it on a daily basis. Someone complains about not having good phone service and then say they have Straight Talk. It’s cheap for a reason as opposed to AT&T. Same thing with insurance… People have a claim under their policy with local office “dickin round” and wonder why their claim is paid slowly and often not at all. You don’t hear about that stuff often with State Farm or Nationwide.

It comes down to the age old saying of “you get what you pay for”. I’m glad some people are still willing to pay a little more for service like this eBayer provides.

Ah, Hiromiyo! Great, great sellers! I think I’ve ordered over 20 times from them so far. Always excellent quality, well packaged, great service and messages (and they are usually the cheapest as well, even though I wouldn’t mind paying a bit more for all their efforts). They always include their cute business card and a Pokémon origami, usually Pikachu or Eevee. Definitely my favorite (Japanese) seller of all of them, and I can indeed recommend them as well. Unfortunately I’ve thrown away their origami in the beginning, but I still have two lying on my desk now, and I’ll keep them from now on for fun. :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

3 Likes