Ebay Compliments!

We see a lot of negative thoughts and situations involving Ebay, but we don’t hear about the positive things that happen

I listed a computer game a few weeks ago for $2.99 and $3 postage. A few days later it sells and i package it up and take it to the post office. At the counter the game is so heavy that postage alone ends up costing me $5, so i end up losing money on the sale, i chalk it up to a lesson learned and mark the package as sent on Ebay. Today i see a message from the buyer and my initial thoughts were ‘he hasn’t received the game and he wants a refund’, but to my surprise this was the message;

He must have seen the stamp on the package and felt bad for me losing out on the sale, there are good people on Ebay after all! haha

12 Likes

Wow, what a great buyer. We need more people like Craig.

4 Likes

I have a handful of Sneasel promos that I purchased a couple years back. They sit on my ebay and I sell one every so many months. Recently I had someone message me in all caps “IS THIS THE JUMBO? THANKS”

I was online so I threw back a polite message explaining that it was just the standard version, I appreciate their interest, and if they have any other questions feel free to ask.

The buyer responded almost instantaneously with normal writing, “Sorry about the accidental caps lock there. Haha. Thanks for such a quick response! I’m only looking for the jumbo but you responded so quickly and politely that I think I’ll pick up a standard copy too. :blush:

Immediately paid.
Left positive feedback in advance.
I sent a few extras despite having a sub-$1 profit margin on the card.
Everyone was happy.

It isn’t so much that I’d ever expect this to be typical behavior, as I don’t buy cards I don’t need, but if everyone were so quick to be positive and interested in supporting sellers they feel are kind the scene would be a better place.

10 Likes

Wow that’s a beuatiful thing

2 Likes

Happened a while ago but @pokemonsyndicate sent me a package before he was on this forum for which I got charged fat amounts of import tax even though it was a low value psa card, he sent me half of the money to pay for it no questions asked. That’s about the only positive thing I can pull from my eBay experience that was out of the ordinary.

7 Likes

He’s such a sweetheart he is :blush:

2 Likes

:grin:

5 Likes

Ah, great idea for a thread. Here’s my most recent success story:

So I’m on my third attempt trying to snag a NM/M N Full Art. Being pretty weary at this point having had to return two copies of a 45 dollar card that were either damaged during shipping or were just not as advertised to begin with, as a last ditch effort to do everything I could to ensure that this one went right, I added a Paypal note asking for the seller to ship securely so as to avoid damage during transit.

Minutes later, I received a tracking number with a response message:

“Item is shipped. Have updated the tracking number. Card was put in a sleeve, in a top loader, taped shut so it doesnt slide out, then put in betweeen two bigger pieces of cardboard and taped so that it is even more protected, then inside the bubble mailer.”

After all my personal mishaps and the recent discussions about proper shipping methods for cards… this was simple, but music to my ears. I received the package yesterday night, and alas, finally I have my card.

https://instagram.com/p/BD0amUQlDHi

:grin:

5 Likes

Awesome thread! Lol that is my first thought too whenever I see a message from someone. I think I have bought from you or you off me as I recognize your eBay name :wink:

My good story is I had a buyer once who paid straight away and left feedback once they received their item… lol I kid:
Bought a JP Shining Gyarados from Japanese seller, freebies thrown in were worth around half of what I paid :grin:

2 Likes

My best eBay experiences come from Japanese sellers as they always seem to make my day better in some way. I don’t know if it’s a Japanese thing in general but they are always so nice and friendly, and so many of them have a tradition of putting extras with orders. A seller who I usually buy my Japanese booster boxes and Pokemon Center plushes from is so friendly and always leaves a message to thank for purchase. He always sends some Japanese green tea with the orders as well and always ships the items so quickly. No need to worry about customs as well, he marks items as a gift without asking. Win-win situation for somebody who lives in a country with such high tax rates like here in Finland.

Then there is a another guy who I’ve bought from and he always sends some snacks and writes a small letter with orders. That guy even sends emails to his customers for upcoming box preorders and gives discounts for his old customers. And yet another Japanese seller gave me amazing extras as well last time when I bought two cards. Not fresh minty cards but great ones to keep on binder.

Those might seem like little things but I love to find a little surprise from my packages :blush:

7 Likes

I received a thank you note and a paper crane from a purchase a few years ago from a Japanese seller! Little things like that are pretty pleasant!

3 Likes

I bought 2 Do0llar Tree sets off @credits, he threw in a 3rd set. :blush:

1 Like