Poll: Which Pokemon Scream Promo Card Is Your Favorite?

Hey Everyone,

Since the Scream promos have generated so much interest, I thought it would be fun to see which card people are excited for the most! Feel free to vote and/or talk about your favorite card!

Here are photos for reference, and background on the original painting for anyone interested!

Psyduck:

Eevee:

Pikachu:

Mimikyu:

Rowlet:

7 Likes

The vivid coloration and the dimly lit Pikachu in the background really makes the Mimikyu card stand out to me.

3 Likes

This is the first I’ve heard of these cards! I love the Van Gogh style artwork! Love the mimikyu! Will these be available in English? If so, I will definitely purchase these cards.! So badass!

What is the story behind these cards? Any info is appreciated!

Psyduck #286 Original :stuck_out_tongue:

They will most likely be japanese exclusive. Here is information on the release.

Easily Mimikyu for me. The art is most true to the original which I have loved for many years already.

5 Likes

They are all really good, but I voted on Psyduck because of gengar and haunter in the background.It would have been cool if the “full set” came full circle, where all species are represented as a card and as a shadow.

Psyduck for me

Secret rare Haunter/Gengar with Rowlet in background.

1 Like

Komiya was born for this. Throughout all of his works in the TCG he has maintained incredibly exaggerated facial and bodily expressions. Komiya could replace this psyduck with many other pokemon he has already made artwork for(not suggesting he should have). For this reason, I think the psyduck is the greatest of the Screamers.

3 Likes

My choice is pretty obvious haha. Nice one scott!

I really like the Mimikyu shadow in the rowlet background, because not only is it drastically different (it’s about to attack), but it follows the anime where it’s always hostile towards Ash’s pokemon, with one of them specifically being rowlet.

2 Likes

Didn’t think of that and haven’t seen those episodes yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I love how “I am blind and can’t see art” still has more votes than Eevee :grin:
Nintendo is trying way too hard to make Eevee their new co-mascot imho.

On topic, it was a close decision between Mimikyu and Psyduck, but the latter just resembles the original ‘Scream’ better with its mouth so wide open (+ it has those ghost pokemon so the scare is more credible).

1 Like

Psyduck for all of the reasons stated already and because Komiya is bae.

1 Like

Rowlett because of those eyes
 those beautifully drawn horror stricken eyes

Mimikyu! all the way. Love the shadow of the Pikachu in the card.

Any card that has complementary artwork with other cards really does it for me. I don’t think I would like these as much if it was just one card.

Not only that, but the fact that each illustrator took an iconic painting and infused their own style into it just makes it more amazing for me. Like the eevee is currently losing the poll but if you know anything about Nishida’s style, it’s all about adorableness - she was literally hired by Game Freak to design kawaii af Pokemon which is the reason Pikachu exists. She managed to capture the some of the feeling of The Scream but still was able to add her own cute twist. On it’s own, the card would be a bit of a disappointment but with the others it just provides a really fresh twist.

That said, @mthursty hit the nail on the head. Komiya is the ultimate choice here and the votes agree. His style by far is the best that aligns with the original painting.

But in my opinion the set is greater than the sum of its parts. That’s why I had to choose “all of the above”

6 Likes

The Scream has long been one of my favorite artworks and I made the trek to MoMA for an Edvard Munch exhibit in the 90s. I went with the Mimikyu.

I was actually thinking about ideas for a new tattoo a few days ago and was toying with somehow including the scream in it, so I was pretty shocked to see these cards pop up a few days later

1 Like