Pokesoap's Sets! Spreadsheets, Doduo, and 5.5 German Energy!

Hello everyone! My name is Madison, and I stumbled across this awesome forum while checking out Smpratte’s sweet Youtube channel! I started collecting around 2004-2005ish (my first cards were from an EX Dragon theme deck, to give you an idea) and I’ve been hooked ever since! This past year I started to get really serious about collecting. If you would have talked to me a few years ago I would have shown you my ultra rare binder organized by type and species. Now? Everything is organized by set, I have a very specific wants list, and have calculated the remaining cost of completion for each set.

So, what exactly are my collecting goals? Glad you asked! They are… (In this order :grin:)

-Complete every every English main series set (Normal print, no 1st ed + reverses)

-Complete every English main series set (Reverse Holo + 1st edition)

-Complete English main Promo and POP Sets

-Complete Japanese Exclusive Sets

-Complete super hard to find English and Japanese promos??? Maybe??? Hopefully?

(Fun/stretch goals)
-360 XY Evolutions Imakuni’s Doduos. Why? Card makes me laugh, and I love to make other people laugh! I’m going into animation, so all of my work revolves around making people emote and be entertained. This card reminds me of my passions. :blush:

-9 of each English Ultra rare (cards from sets plus promos! :grin:)

-Ultimate Pokedex! 3 of each variant of every Pokemon! (English + Japanese exclusives) Example? 3 of every variant of Torchic card! (Normal print, reverse print, and Japanese exclusives!)

So yeah! I’m pretty ambitious! They don’t say gotta catch 'em all for nothing!

I hope to use this thread as a way to track and catalog my journey! That means posting mail, complete sets, random cool cards, and all that super awesome jazz!

Here’s a few pictures of my collection I took off of Instagram. Some of my favorite cards + photos that I feel illustrate my goals the best! :grin: (Screenshots from the desktop site, sorry if they’re not the highest of quality!) If you wanna take a peak at more singles from my collection, check me out @pokesoap !

(These are older photos, cards are in different binders now!)

So yeah, here’s just a bit! I’ll be sure to share more soon!

I’ll update my thread later with my sets once I get back to my binders (typing this from a work computer, naughty me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ) I’ll probably upload the images on Imgur and post links to the albums here. Don’t want to swamp you guys with a bunch of photos!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my thread! I hope you enjoy my (insane) set collection journey!

-Madison S. aka Pokesoap

16 Likes

Welcome fellow set collector :wink: Glad to see ya here Madison!

– Joe

Hey Joe! Glad to see you on here as well! Just saw your post! Thank you very much! Cheers to happy set collecting!

1 Like

Nice! Good luck. You already have some pretty sweet cards - I like those goldstars!

Thank you so much! They’re some of my favorites as well!

Nice cards, love the old ex ones-Good luck with all the sets :blush:

love seeing some nice ex era, don’t see many posts about it.

1 Like

Same! The old EX series sets are probably my favorite! Sad more people don’t collect anything more than the gold stars.

1 Like

Thank you very much! Some of my favorites as well! Thank you!

Hello everyone! Here are a few albums of the sets I’ve completed! For the first post, I thought I’d start with the basics and just include Base, Jungle, and Fossil. Pretty standard stuff. All cards are unlimited. No fancy shadowless, 4th edition, or 1st edition here. (for now!) I was hoping to show more binder pages, but Imgur is being a bit difficult at the moment. I’ll post again when I get the other albums put together! :grin:

Base: 100% COMPLETE!

imgur.com/a/27ACe

Jungle: 100% COMPLETE!

imgur.com/a/tE9AS

Fossil: 100% COMPLETE!

imgur.com/a/BRHaz

Enjoy! Thanks!

-Pokesoap, AKA Madison S.

3 Likes

Welcome Madison! :blush:

Really nice going to start off with these. it’s a good starting point ^^

Hehehe, will you tackle the 23 variants eventually?

1. ENGLISH - Base Set - 1st edition (thick)

2. ENGLISH - Base Set - 1st edition (thin) [please note that 17-102 we’re not printed thin]

3. ENGLISH - Base Set - Shadowless

4. ENGLISH - Base Set - Unlimited

5. ENGLISH - Base Set - Unlimited dated years 1999-2000 4th and final print run

6. JAPANESE - Base Set - Normal

7. JAPANESE - Base Set - Non Rarity symbol

8. Korean - Base Set - 1st edition

9. Korean - Base Set - Unlimited

10. Chinese - Base Set - 1st edition

11. Chinese - Base Set - Unlimited

12. Dutch - Base Set- 1st edition

13. Dutch - Base Set - Unlimited

14. Spanish - Base Set - 1st edition

15. Spanish - Base Set - Unlimited

16. Portuguese - Base Set - 1st edition

17. Portuguese - Base Set - Unlimited

18. German - Base Set - 1st Edition

19. German - Base Set - Unlimited

20. Italian - Base Set - 1st Edition

21. Italian - Base Set - Unlimited

22. French - Base Set - 1st Edition

23. French - Base Set - Unlimited

Awesome stuff Madison, welcome to the forum!!! It is nice to see a girl in the hobby :blush:!! Keep it up! :blush:

2 Likes

Love the EX era cards, I’m slowly working on those sets myself, it’s tough to find a lot of the reverses and holos in good shape!

@kkthxbai 25 you mean, Spanish has both the ©1999 and ©1999-2000 variants, in both 1st/unl. edition. :wink:

And welcome to the E4 forum Madison! Sounds like you have quite a few ambiguous plans for your collection goals. I’m looking forward seeing the process along the way. Enjoy your stay! :grin:

Greetz,
Quuador

Haha… Omg dam Spanish!! Why!!

Wait do we even count 20th anniversary set now, repeating artworks? So that’s 27-28 versions of same artworks including those staff cards.

I’ll probably be boring and just go after the English editions. The thick stamped 1st edition cards sounds like a fun challenge, which I’ll probably be tackling a few years down the road. I’m but a poor college student at the moment, so a lot of the sets I’m piecing together at the moment are the cheeper ones. I am also going go after the Jungle error holos 'cause I find them super cool. Accidentally bought an error Venomoth, been a fan of them ever since. Might do Japanese no rarity later in my collecting life? Something about owning the first cards ever sounds pretty legit.

Thank you very much! I sure will! I’m not giving up collecting anytime soon!

Good luck! They can be hard to piece together. Luckily I collected a fair amount at the time and don’t have too many missing pieces, besides some of the older EXs and Gold Stars. (RIP wallet) The reverses are tricky to find! I seem to find a fair amount on Ebay and TCG Player.

Thank you very much! I’m taking gotta catch 'em all very seriously! I feel like a newbie around here compared to everyone’s fancy PSA and super cool promo/trophy cards, but I hope to catch up soon! Thanks again!

-Pokesoap