PokeRev Fake Box

Currently Live, no words… yikes

vr

odds

2 Likes

Careful guys

2 Likes

Japanese boxes are always risky, much easier to tamper with and fake I remember someone, I believe it was @gemmintpokemon being super paranoid to the point that IIRC he opened one of his japanese expedition boxes just to confirm it was legit.

2 Likes

RIP. I was just watching that, very sad.

Wonder how collectors will adjust to buying/validating boxes moving forward.

Worrisome for the japanese base set box im buying this month.

Confirmed. It’s a state of fear when you consider the price it takes to acquire some boxes. Not all sketchy boxes are bad. The worst looking 1st ed Base box I’ve seen was real. Buyer forced a box opening for deal to go through (2017 sale).

2 Likes

I just watched him pull the Typhlosion. These are some really good fakes, but man this sucks. The level of effort put into this reseal and having fake holos? This is a bit crazy…

How recent was the box purchased? Did he say?

I think he said 2 months ago, so well within the window to get compensated.

Would be interesting to know the story of this box to kinda know the year this was printed

Looks just like a rough early printing. It was the first of the neo era and new card design.
Likely product that shouldn’t have been distributed. I wouldn’t call them fake cards though.

If I buy a box from eBay and say a couple of months have passed. I open it and turns out fake. Seller backs out saying this wasn’t his box or whatever and refuses to refund, would eBay refund me? Am I even allowed to open a claim that late?

After 60 days eBay wont intervene. PayPal can intervene up to 6mo I believe and credit cards are all different. But the longer you wait the higher the burden of proof would be on your end I’d assume.

1 Like

Ah thanks. Good to know

With the recent spike of Japanese sealed product, I assume this was done not very long ago at all. The original seller likely thought nobody would open this, and therefore they would never be caught, but this is just insane. I knew as soon as I saw those opened packs, and repeating cards it was a definite 100% fake.

That wasn’t a rough early printing, every pack had the exact same non holo cards in the exact same order and the holos were stickers stuck on top of a blank acetone wiped holo card.

Edit: Not to mention all the other issues with text alignment, font weight, the wrong font used, blurriness, off contrast etc

1 Like

Like pierce said, if you go to the end of the video, pokerev rips some of the holos and confirms its a plastic sticker on what is likely an acetone rubbed off blank holo pattern card. Real cards do not have a plastic sticker laid on top of the card so 100% without a doubt fake cards.

We have another thread where we discuss this here: www.elitefourum.com/t/fake-neo-gen-japanese-box-on-pokerev-youtube/30339/1

Ideally I’d merge the threads but the discussion would be so jumbled it would be hard to follow so this one gets locked.

2 Likes