Buyer claims Japanese cards are fake

I sold a sealed box of volt tackle to someone on ebay and they are claiming they are fake and send me these pictures. I’m not very familiar with Japanese cards and was hoping an expert could tell me if they are. I’m pretty skeptical because I haven’t really heard of fake modern Japanese cards. I purchased them from Japan.

Looks fine! And regardless, I doubt anyone is even attempting to fake volt tackle holos

11 Likes

Didn’t this set JUST come out?

I would fight it just on the timeline alone. Nobody is able to fake a box, and an entire set of cards a couple months after it comes out. ON TOP OF THAT, have it be floating around in the US over seas.

That’s insane to think someone has the capability to do that and it just doesn’t all add up on that alone.

8 Likes

My thoughts exactly. We got fake hidden fates in the summer or something

New holos are super flimsy, maybe that’s why they think it’s fake?

That card looks real to me. I call shenanigans.

exactly what I was thinking and not even sure how you can make money faking these cheap cards.

its normal for the foil to peel like that?

Look fine to me. I think your buyer is an idiot.

1 Like

The buyer is scamming you.

I’ve seen this a lot recently. eBay is going to side with them and will tell you that the authenticity of the product is “the buyer’s opinion.” Better yet, there’s a chance eBay won’t even remove a negative feedback if they leave one. I had to let one fall off after a year for this exact situation.

9 Likes

That’s incredibly disheartening to hear. And what does the buyer gain? A $70 box of cardboard?

Card is definitely real. You’ll most likely be forced to eat the loss unfortunately. Very unfortunate that people will choose to do this over a $70 box of children’s cardboard.

At least each time a story like this happens the E4 buyer blocklist becomes more valuable and as more people join the forum, more of the biggest sellers on eBay will block them.

They will cost more to fake than the real deal

1 Like

Sorry to hear this OP. What’s his ebay name?

2 Likes

chaim718ny. I checked his profile and it looks fine to me.

Contact the buyer and explain they aren’t fake? they were purchased direct from japan and are authentic products. I assume they are saying no black layer so gotta be fake? >.<
See if you can reason with them, I hate buyers like this…that are either stupid and don’t know what they are ding or are filthy scammers and try pull fast ones on unsuspecting sellers. You can eat it or fight it…I would do the latter and always do.

Already tried to reason with him. I told him they came straight from Japan and I have an invoice for them that I can show him. I’m pretty sure the guy is brand new to Japanese cards. When he opened the case his reason was “they seem fake” like he wasn’t 100% sure. I did what I could but he didn’t want to listen to anything I had to say.

What’s his buyer I.D. so we can block him?

If he isn’t intentionally scamming, my presumption is that he saw the PokeRev fake box video with the foil card being torn and is too inexperienced to know the difference.

2 Likes

chaim718ny