Pokémon x Van Gogh Museum collaboration

Since I can’t get over to the museum I’m just banking on TPCi following up on that promise. Hate having to be patient again but at least it’s in writing….

4 Likes

Got my plush and card from Pokemon Center yesterday! (9/30) Haven’t heard anything about my orders from Friday, but I would expect they’d be a bit slower to process these given the volume they experienced. Either way, it’s nice to have a card in hand and I’m looking forward to everyone else being able to say the same soon!

15 Likes

I was there yesterday, left around 5pm, still handing out cards. I got my 5 cards.
Shop completely sold out for pokemon stuff when i got there at 2pm.
The guys waiting you at the exit offering money for the card has dropped to €20. I said 200 and he said that was yesterdays prices…
Be careful tho, there are some man walking at the exit outside the museum, possible thieves. Dont carry the card in your hand is my advise.

1 Like

Oh are they still handing out multiple cards per person or were you in a group of 5? I’m hoping there’s some left at the end of october when I’m there for a weekend

I was with my family of 5. Its not possible to get more than 1 per person.
Fill in paper is handed downstairs. Getting the promo card is at the exit upstairs.

1 Like

Glad to hear that they’re managing it! And thanks for the heads up on possible thieves in the area

Fuck the Pokémon Center webshop!
I cannot order there, nobody from Europe can.

Who did this masterpiece? :rofl: :rofl:

43 Likes

Idk if all banners are still done by the wizard shizzle, but here are some more!

1 Like

I believe @qwachansey made the Pikachu alteration and @pfm designed the banner. Kudos to both of them :clap:t3:

14 Likes

Shiz did them until this year. The last few were done by pfm! Oh and I did the wigglytuff one, which is the extent of my photoshop skills! :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

It’s a net positive though because it increases supply and brings down secondary market prices for the card, which softens the blow to the non-UK European crowd. Ideally we’d like to see them distribute enough to bring it down to Nagaba Pikachu level volume, £15-£20/card would be a nice price point.

4 Likes

It’s not. Because non-UK Europeans cannot purchase from any Pokemon Center website. It’s one promo per $20 order, so plenty of people going to keep the card at $20 or more to basically get their order for free. Let the promo pay for it all.

To get their order for free they would need to sell their promo card, and people typically do that on eBay, which is accessible to the EU. Every time this has happened in the past (e.g., bidoof, pikachu, charizard) it has resulted in a <£25 promo widely available on the secondary market. So, despite the EU being unable to purchase from the PC website, it at least provides them access to the promo cards at a more reasonable price. It’s a net positive.

‘Softening the blow’ is always a net negative, just less of it than if you buy the promo right now. Waiting as long as it takes for the secondary market to settle for just the promo is not as enjoyable as buying directly from the Pokémon Center for merch and a bonus promo, especially if you’re in an English-speaking TCG region outside the UK/US/Ca

By definition, TPCi offering greater availability of the promo is a net positive for the EU market. A net positive is something that has more overall positive impact than negative. In a situation in which EU members have no direct access to the PC, reducing the promo price as far as possible on the secondary market is a positive. Clearly the ideal situation would be creating a PC available to EU customers. Hopefully that will be the case in the near future, but this discussion assumes the lack of PC access being a constant, not a variable; here we’re not talking about ideals, we’re talking about what reduces accessibility barriers to the EU market. Reducing barriers isn’t an ideal, but it is a positive. If TPCi does not increase availability then prices will continue at current levels before eventually rising. EU buyers therefore suffer and the situation is worse.

3 Likes

People will never change lol.

9 Likes

Received an email from van gogh museum about the data breach in shopping carts.

“Last Saturday, 30 September 2023, a security incident occurred in the Van Gogh Museum webstore from 18.50 to 20.20”

“We started fixing the problem as soon as we became aware of the data breach, and successfully blocked external access to shopping carts within 30 minutes.”

The problem definitely was present earlier and already on previous days so the time frame is bullshit, i wonder how on earth it took so long until they noticed something was wrong. Really hope no one takes advantage on the situation.

1 Like

I hope they redirected all shipments to my house :pray:

But seriously, that is unfortunate… this is very bad for future releases done through small web stores. I hope no one from e4 had info stolen :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

So many people are having orders cancelled from pokemon center. they managed to screw this release up even more. Impressive!