Pokemon World Championships - Boston, MA, USA - Aug 21-23

I live near Boston, so I will probably be attending the world championships in some fashion this year. What can I expect in terms of merchandise available for purchase, card sellers, etc? If anyone has been before, what’s it like?

Also, is anyone else planning on attending?

its on the east coast again?

YES!!!

BUT I will be in Texas…with a new career…maybe I can still swing it somehow, though now I will require a plane ticket and can’t bring my car full of pokemon stuff for trade…

Yup. Hynes Convention Center, right in the haht of Bahstan.

I was so excited to go for at least a day as I go to to college 20 minutes away. Unfortunately, I’m a supervisor for our EMS corps and our other crew chiefs won’t be in MA so I have to stay on duty for the weekend… With luck I’ll be able to make it on Sunday, but the chances of that happening are slim :slightly_frowning_face:

Merchandise availability is unparalleled. You will have (in open gaming) Japanese sellers that will bring everything imaginable for resale.

People sit at the ends of tables in open gaming with binders loaded with cards. You can find almost anything you want there for sale. Exception is the exceedingly rare promo sector. Haha.

The event is awesome. You can go see the trophies and trophy cards behind glass. You can watch and feel the excitement of the crowd during finals. During down times, enjoy the city or use open gaming to talk to people. Almost every well-connected name is present out of players and larger community staples.

I’d recommend going if you are at all able.

3 Likes

Would all this still be happening on Sunday? It’s the last day so I’m nervous not as much would be happening.

Things die down significantly on Sunday. Also, the powers that be have started to enforce no selling rules heavily by then.

That’s a shame, I was hoping to pick up some Japanese merch and stuff and hopefully some Worlds exclusive items. Maybe I can see if I can make it for a couple hours early Friday before I go on call Friday evening then. Really want to go as I don’t think I’d be able to make another Worlds event once I start medical school :confused:

If I wasn’t going on this unexpected trip, I was highly considering it. Next summer for sure.

The Japanese dealers are the ones most likely to still have one around with some selection. But I wouldn’t bank on it at all.

There will never be a Southern Hemisphere Worlds

;________;

1 Like

We have every other convention here in Vegas. Maybe it’ll be our turn in the next couple of years:)

The Pokemon World Championships, a kids game, being held in Sin City. Riiiight…

Pokemon XXX

1 Like

Sure! We could piggyback it with our huge Comic Con convention. There is a LOT for kids to do here but the worlds attract a lot of adults too. Most of us here are adults.

1 Like

I’ve never actually been to one of these events, but live about 45 minutes away from this event and would love to check it out!

As as far as card sales and such, how is the pricing? Could I expect to get any good deals or would I be better off sticking with eBay and such?

@oldskoolpokemon - You can expect deals because you don’t have to pay for shipping. There’ll be a lot of people with a lot of different things. Like @funmonkey54 said, the only thing there isn’t a surplus of is the older promos, but there will still be some :blush:

I’m highly considering going. I’d like to meet up with anyone else from UPCCC who goes. What would you all recommend to bring Pokemon related?

On another note, I live close to nationals and it’d be an easy trip to make if there are any opinions about nationals.

Thanks!