Pokemon TV to Discontinue in March 2024

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-tv-to-discontinue-in-march-2024

“The Pokémon TV app and website will sunset and the service will end on March 28, 2024. Beginning on January 8, 2024, fans will no longer be able to download the Pokémon TV app from the App Store, Google Play, Roku Channel Store, Amazon Appstore, Nintendo eShop, and Pokemon.com.”

I wonder if this means a new alternative will pop up…perhaps with a monthly subscription fee.
Pokemon is scattered across some 20 streaming services at the moment. This could be part of a larger plan to consolidate everything under one roof.

5 Likes

If I had to guess, Netflix may be seeking the rights to stream every season. Beginning in 2020, Netflix gained the exclusive rights to stream new episodes in the United States. Sad to see the PokemonTV app go, but it was only partially helpful to begin with.

Websites like Pokéflix - Watch Pokémon episodes & Movies for free online! solve the problem for the time being.

8 Likes

With the new Concierge show that premiered there, this may indeed be the route Pokemon is taking.

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely a streaming rights deal. I never used the Pokémon TV app much, but I did think it was pretty neat, especially being free.

2 Likes

It’s funny when you click on “where to watch pokemon” and see all the seasons scattered between different streaming services. Just like the video games, if you want to enjoy it all, you have to pay the price. Good ol TPC

3 Likes

I hope they do move to a platform that has all seasons. I watch the anime on Pokémon tv and love how they change the seasons up. Bummer they’re getting rid of it

2 Likes

This is sad to hear. I have even downloaded some episodes on that app to watch when they aren’t offered in their current rotation of episodes. The app was convenient, but if all the episodes and movies/specials move to Netflix, then I wont care too much since I have an account.

I just liked how it was an official free app that was easy to use/navigate and pull up anytime very quickly.

2 Likes

Yesterday was the last day Pokémon tv was available. Was a good time while it was there. Will miss it

7 Likes