Pokemon Concierge - Netflix official trailer

I just saw this trailer while browsing reddit. Had no idea something like this was coming out. Seems like a casual slice of life Pokemon series. Actually something that I’m excited to watch. Let me know what you all think about it.

21 Likes

Interesting to see the theme song by Mariya Takeuchi! I recognized her voice. She is known for her 1980s citypop music, which saw a resurgence a few years ago. Her most famous song is Plastic Love from 1985 - the music video for it came out in 2021 (due to bump in popularity on youtube) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_lC2O1oIew&vl=en

She is almost 70! Wild that she is still making music

18 Likes

This looks super cute!

4 Likes

poe kay mawn

I’ve never liked claymation/stop motion animation, but this looks so cute!

4 Likes

It’s been years since any media from pokemon gave me goosebumps. This trailer alone did that.

4 Likes

Am I the only one who absolutely dislikes this animation style

1 Like

Wow I’ve been trying to remember her name for like a week :joy: someone showed me her music like 4 years ago and I just thought of it recently. Also this looks super cool and I’m cautiously optimistic

1 Like

This reminds me of Robot Chicken. As I was watching it, I kept expecting blood and something obscene to happen.

I do support more slice of life content, but not this animation style.

1 Like

Seems a little Wes Anderson, the more I think about it, the more I’m into it

4 Likes

Looks really cute! Did not know about this at all, so thanks for sharing!

I love that some of the pokemon are animated with a needle felting aesthetic. We have clay (Yuka Morii) and crochet (Asako Ito) TCG cards, but I think needle felting is a great medium that lends itself well to Pokemon that hasn’t seen much (or any) use yet.

3 Likes

I listen to her husband Tatsuro Yamashita’s music everyday as I have his discography on my phone and my car bluetooth opts to it every time. It was a random YouTube recommendation one day and I loved it. Naturally heard some of her music as well. They are both icons, so cool!

2 Likes

This looks like it’ll be a lot of fun! I’m excited to watch it and see all the different Pokemon they use. Anyone know how many episodes there are going to be?

1 Like

Looks like it’ll be just 4 episodes. I’m hoping they are 40 to 60 minutes since there are so few.

2 Likes

Whoa I just realized that is the same person! I’ve listened to her music before, what a cool added layer!

3 Likes

Ow wow, i get why people get excited about this but this is definitely not my style.

Much more excited about the new detective Pikachu movie and would love a series in that style more than this claymation style.

3 Likes

Not really interested in the plot but I think the pluche design fits way better than the cgi experiments they did in the past.
For now this is the best outside 2d animation

It will be 4 episodes, releasing on December 28, 2023

Apparently Toshinao Aoki was invited to an early screening today

https://x.com/aoki818/status/1736704681215467808?s=46

1 Like

Ken Goldin salivating at the idea of having an auction for “authentic Pokemon Concierge dolls and plushies - screen used props!”

Mariya Takeuchi - Have a Good Time Here

Single is released!

6 Likes