Pokemon Sword and Shield: Chilling Reign Megathread

@fourthstartcg, That celebi looks great, its really refreshing to see them do actual detailed artworks for full arts instead of the usual cgi and/or the character taking most of the space leaving no room for nice backround sceneries

Itā€™s amazing what kind of quality art they can produce when they stop doing half-ass 5ban graphics for every FA

8 Likes

Very pleased with the alt-arts lately! I for sure will try to get this Celebi promo! :blush:

70 cards? Is that a normal amount of cards in a set like this? Also I saw a new Golden Japanese Snorlax, is that being released in English? Thought it might have been this set.

Japanese sets are around the 70 (excluding secret rares) mark lately but English sets combine a couple of Japanese sets. I think the snorlax secret rare will be in this one for English but might be turned into a promo :blush:

If those promos are in this set its going to be so stacked.

3 Likes

waiting and hoping for a sowsow full art alternate art card now!

Had four emails today about the Celebi promo alone - I worry there is going to be a lot of angry people who expect it to be included with their box(s). The Honey full art wasnā€™t included with Rapid/Single Strike for internationals and nobody cared! :stuck_out_tongue:

So do these alt art promos come inside the box itself? I just donā€™t see any mention of them on the pokemon center japan website yet.

In some select stores you will get them as an extra when you buy 2 boxes as far as I understood

1 Like

They are given to you, but only if you but from selected stores (when you buy 2 specific boxes), they are not inside the box. The store has the promo and the card will be handed to you

2 Likes

Hoping that the supply for the alt. art V cards is enough for the demand, or that they get english releases. Otherwise I can see the celebi V alt going for $50-75 alone.

Correct - Only Pokemon Gym (Pokemon League) associated stores. I checked a bunch of their websites and they donā€™t do preorders. If you have any friends in Japan, you can ask them to contact these stores:

www.pokemon-card.com/info/2000/20000402_002859.html

The Celebi V is hype but if Pokebeach is right, thereā€™s also a Metagross Vmax coming and thatā€™s got me pumped. Love me some pseudo legendaries

That price will come quickly. Since s5i/s5a, the empoleon and Articuno are the only alt arts below 50$ a card. Moltres was 150$ to start and I think is down to $120 or so.

Yeah unfortunately Iā€™m gonna have to pay up :slightly_frowning_face: Worth it for such a cool card though

1 Like

13 Likes

Anyone know where to pre-order?

Is there going to be 5 different pack arts instead of the usual 4?
RIP my 4 pocket page booster pack art set binder :sob: (love the pack arts though)

4 Likes