Pokemon Southern Islands 2

Southern Islands, Orange Islands, Sevii Islands, Pokemon 2000, TMB, Skyridge, Hoenn.

If Pokemon didn’t get you hooked on the tropical vibe, nothing will. :palm_tree:

16 Likes

When I first got back into Pokemon, the Southern Islands cards were some of the ones that drew me in the most. Fukuyama’s art just makes you feel like you’re on the best vacation of your life, and I’m a sucker for multiple cards that are all part of one big image, Pokepark Forest pulls me in for the same reason. Southern Islands 2 with full arts would be an all-timer set for sure.

5 Likes

Had not noticed the poliwhirl before. This is a great idea, and there are some real gems here. HECK! They even get to mint another Zard! Who could say “no”?!

Shortly after I started collecting, Southern Islands were the far-off relics of a mysterious and foreign culture. Most people knew about them, I’d seen them on the Pojo card dex, but I’d no idea how I might acquire them. It was the true rare mew among my friend group, for example. So cool.

4 Likes

One of my favorite TCG artists, always hoping she’ll make a comeback someday!

1 Like

Please God, YESSSS!!!

“Take my Money!”

1 Like

Which ones would be holos?! We all know the Zard and probably Pikachu, but the others are up in the air. :blush:

Another 9-full art card set like vstar universe would be perfect for this

Oh that’s good, probably Meowth, Pikachu, Charizard, Venomoth, Dragonite and between Psyduck or Poliwhirl! Psyduck is probably the choice but Poliwhirl had a ton of love in the 90s, partly due to being Tajiris favorite!

IMG_0580
IMG_0581
IMG_0582
IMG_0588
IMG_0585
IMG_0590
IMG_0583

6 Likes

The fact that you can take any pokemon art from southern islands and make it into it’s own card just shows how good the set is

11 Likes

Strong picks, and I agree. Although, I’d prefer Magikarp as it’s the most active Karp I can think of. Dude is challenging Marill in a breach competition (in my mind, haha)

2 Likes

That actually would make more sense! I defaulted to Dragonite because he is a pseudo legendary but the magikarp has more going on and is also popular!

4 Likes

I think they’d pick Dragonite for the same reason, but I would love it if they didn’t. Part of the SI vibe was showcasing the feel/energy over the power of a Pokemon. Love that they chose Marill over Lapras, Togepi over either Ivysaur/Rattata & Ledyba over Butterfree.

This is my new favorite thread. I’ll likely ping this here n there in hopes of a Pokemon employee seeing it :sweat_smile: :handshake:

1 Like

We can no longer be friends :rage:

6 Likes

I apologize. I am also a lover of our giant salamander, but sometimes he needs to sit back to the useless fish

1 Like

2 Likes

Never see any love for the other Dragonite in Southern Islands, well except from Onix and Venonat.

5 Likes

20 Likes

Now that’s what I’m talkin about! Awesome!

3 Likes

Funny timing, I actually had this made for a custom card to put in my binder, might need to source out a better proxy card maker if I’d want to make a holo version

18 Likes

I wanted to turn the arts above into cards like this but am too boomer. :melting_face:

3 Likes