Pokemon Inventory Master Document Suggestions/Template

Hi All! Joe from OmniPoke here :grin:

If you’re anywhere near as anal as I am about my Collection, you’ve probably got documents reflecting what cards you have, what you want to have and everything else that is important to you as a collector.

Personally I’ve kept a Google Doc for a number of years which has grown alongside collection. I’ve recently been updating parts of the document (Est. Value’s, Pop Reports Etc.) and began wondering what else I Could be missing to make it even more useful.

I’m looking for suggestions to add to my Master Doc and was also wondering if anyone would be interested in a Public Google Sheet Template for your own use.

Below are the Tabs I Currently have on the Document, just for some quick content I’ll shove my collection goals below to help understand why I’ve got Tabs organised the way I do!
Obtain a Complete Mint 9+ PSA Collection of WOTC Holos
Complete Every English Set in Binders Up to Rares (All Eras)
Complete Holographic Collections of all English sets beyond WOTC (loose but will take a view on Grading Specific ‘Catch Cards’)
Obtain Every World Championship Deck
Any Promo Sets that I Take a shine to!
(These are my Macro goals that have been ongoing for over a decade and is likely to take an equal amount of time to complete!)

Currently I Have the Following Tabs:

PSA Collection - This Tab Outlines: Card Name, Set Name, Set Number, Quantity to be graded, Graded Copies, Est. Value (VIA PSA Price Guide), PSA Population and the Cards’ Location. Included are WebLinks to the appropriate PSA Price Guide and Pop Report for each Set listed.

PSA Wants List - This Tab Outlines: Card Name, Set Name, Set Number, Wanted Grade and your personal ‘acceptable Buy Price’ of all cards you would like to acquire to complete your collection goals (My ‘buy prices’ are taken from averaged pokemonprice.com prices). There is a Split of High and Low priority - Handy if you have as many goals as me!

PSA Sendoffs - This Tab Outlines: Card Name, Set Name, Set Number, Expected Grade, Reason for Grading (i.e Collection or Sale) for cards you are thinking about grading. This Tab also has a Section for cards which are currently in PSA grading process.

Collection Valuation & Completion Summary - This Tab Reflects how many PSA Cards per set you have left to collect, how many you have acquired and how many ‘to be graded’ giving a percentage of progress in your collection. (% is based on cards remaining rather than value but that may also be worth exploring/incorporating). Additionally this Tab is an area to compile totals of Est.Values for your PSA Cards, Sealed product, Binder Collection estimates and any miscellaneous items of value in your collection.

Binder Collection - This Tab outlines each set you are collecting and your progress with completion in terms of Physical cards. This Tab includes a Remaining Cards area, outlining Card Name, Card Number, Set Name of all cards required to fill gaps in your binder collection.

Worlds Deck Collection - This Tab outlines each World Championship Deck Name of each year, simply highlight when obtained.

Promo Collection - This Tab outlines Card Name, Card Number, Type of Promotion, whether it’s obtained, graded or ‘to be graded’ and location as well as any available links to PSA Pop Reports.

Holo Completion (Split by Era) - These Tabs contain All Sets relevant to the Era and shows Card Name, Card Number, Set Name, quantity obtained, if gradable and the location of card.

…Now Obviously this Document is tailored to my own collection needs but I’d love to hear how you like to keep records of your own Pokemon inventory and if there’s anything you do which I should be doing. I’m all ears!
Ideally I’ll take on feedback and make tweaks before making Templates of my Document for others to use in future, if there’s a demand

Thanks so much for reading this potentially very tedious post, I’m looking forward to improving my spreadsheets! :nerd_face: :rofl: :nerd_face:

-Joe

6 Likes

@omnipoke, whoa is this the same Joe who does youtube vids on decklists and such?! If so, im a huge, huge fan and great to see you here!

But, in terms of documenting collections, I tend to just remember honestly. My collection isnt huge per say, but even with it being quite large i typically have things organized in boxes labeled with what i own and all that good stuff, along with a google sheet of what I have and which cards im currently striving for. Your list however in reading here is quite intricate and very, very well organized and well put together. I cant honestly think of a way to make it any better than that, so if its working, keep it going!

Thats a pretty beast layout there man good for you. Really convenient to have in this hobby. Your spread sheets already sound super legit and if youre just being picky and would like to add more to it for a peace of mind here are some suggestions!

Colored Check Boxes - I color mine green for all the cards I have, and red for all the cards Im still looking for. Helps me look for them easier without having to retrace what I need. (plus your spread sheet looks really cool with colors on it haha)

Date Purchased - I like write down the date I purchased an individual card. It also helps me find old sellers that may potentially have more interesting cards. I would reach out to them to them often to check up if they do have new cards. Its so convenient to have their sellers name by the card imo.

Population - I write down the pop of every card next to their names on my list. I helps me remember exactly how many there are and is very helpful at times.

Price Purchased for - I also like to write down the price I purchased it for because it shows me the cards growth over time.

These suggestions are nothing compared to what your spread sheet sounds like haha but I really hope they help you even a little! Keep it up! Also I see I repeated some already my bad. That goes to show how brolic your check list already is. I also mark which cases are old psa cases and which are new labels. Not that it matters but I like having it there as a reminder.

I maintain a google doc with every card I need left to complete my standard English sets up through Call of Legends. Black & White and onwards I have most of everything, but I’m not focused on it and I’m not super concerned with picking random cards up in the future. Eventually I’ll complete all of the various promos and variants, but standard sets first.

The way I organize it is four columns per set organized by 1st Edition and unlimited (or standard and reverse) with a column each for Card Name and Set #, then three sets per tab since that fills the entire screen without having to scroll sideways. I keep a tally at the bottom of each set of how many cards are in the set and my completion percentage, which feeds into a dashboard for total completion. The biggest issue with my spreadsheet is I can’t delete the cell after I acquire a card, so things can be pretty spread out as I get more cards.

I’m including all four variations of Base Set, but haven’t added third print Fossil yet. As of right now, I’m 87% finished!

WOW! This blows mine out of the water! I would LOVE if you made a template of this public for us to use, because this would be super handy for myself to be honest hahaha. I would also love to see your take on a master document reflecting on monthly/annual spending and selling!

Having just got my first psa submission back recently I wanted to start doing something like this. A template would like that would be immensely helpful.

@dizzle24,yep it’s me :blush: thanks for the support

Would appreciate someone sharing a template :blush:

1 Like