Pokemon Hidden Fates mini-set announced

www.pokebeach.com/2019/05/gx-ultra-shiny-coming-to-america-new-glaceon-gx-tin

1 Like

Playing devil’s advocate but nothing stopping a new Glaceon GX being printed.

3 Likes

True, but look at this:

• Release date of Shining Legends: October 6, 2017
  • Release date of Dragon Majesty: September 7, 2018

So there could be a logic behind them releasing another ‘boosters-only-in-boxed-product-instead-of-booster-boxes’-release at the end of this year. In my opinion, GX Ultra Shiny would be a good fit for that.

Hope this happens instead of a bunch of them turning into promos.

2 Likes

Me when I hear Ultra Shiny GX is going to be printed in english

1 Like

Will completely ruin the organised play rotation unless they produce a new set prohibited from the standard which has never happened afaik. They could have no set symbol on all the shinies making them alternate arts but a set with no set symbol?

This comes after rotation so a month with zoroark and Lele before reprinting them for another 2 years seems farcical. Remember that Nintendo America has been players first and collectors second. Again this is still speculation but remember Japan gets another reprint set soon. More likely we see some of the that and maybe of the shining cards printed as alternative art promos.

1 Like

I completely overlooked the organized play rotation, yeah.
Then alternative art promos would be the logical solution.
But I guess we will only get a few of them then, as there aren’t that many alternative art promos released since its inception.

Changes thread title → GX Ultra Shiny suddenly becomes more likely

Typical :grin:

2 Likes

90 AA shiny promos to sell a set with the bad (competitively) family GXs and other junk that has been skipped, Silver brain. Maybe they will inject the promos into packs who knows? Speculation is fun.

Do we even know how big this set is?

Didn’t even knew about this one, but are you sure it’s a loose set? If I search for Premium Trainer XY Collection on eBay I indeed see a few results, but they seem to be some of those Yellow A (alternative) Promo cards with a bunch of regular booster packs like Roaring Skies and such. I don’t see any Best of XY set with their own set icon, which is probably why it isn’t mentioned on Bulbapedia. But, if this set does exist in English and you have any pictures of some of the cards, I’d love to see (especially the Pikachu of course. :wink: ).

As for whether the Hidden Fates set will contain the Shiny PokĂ©mon or not, I’m only interested in the Seviper. :wink: I’m actually more curious whether some of the Full Arts of GX Shiny Ultra will be released in English in general, and if so, which sets/when
 If not I’ll just buy the Japanese, like I did with the 100/094 Forbidden Light Lady, the only Full Art Supporter apart from the newer sets (and the Team Rocket Brief Case promo and The Masked Royal semi-trophy of course) that isn’t released in English - for whatever the reason may be

Greetz,
Quuador

Time to stock up on those gold Tapus from the Japanese set if the arrival of an English partial print of GX Ultra Shiny make sellers incorrectly fear the gold cards will also get reprinted.
It’s probably easier to guess what won’t get cut: Charmander shiny line, Zorua/ Zoroark GX, Magnemite/ Ton/ Zone, Eevee with Eeveelutions, (Eeveelutions potentially all saved for tins) Rayquaza GX, Gible/ Gabite/ Garchomp, Reshiram GX (ugh, more dragons again) Silvally GX (as unpopular as it is, it is treated as a Sun/ Moon “monument”) Marshadow GX, Greninja GX.
Maybe: Gardevoir GX, (sooo many prints of this already but I guess that’s the pattern) S/M Starters, (again, overprinted variants) Ultra beasts, (meh) Lycanroc

Probably cut: Drampa, Golisopod, Noivern, Scizor, (sad but that’s my feeling) Altaria, Metagross, Darkrai, Banette, Alo. Ninetales, Articuno, (boo!) Electrode, Turtonator, Ho-Oh

Full art Cynthia and Fisherman probably make it in.
Gold cards and shattered foils get cut.

I agree! My daughter needs that Altaria & Diancie though :joy::joy::joy::joy: && this is probably the last time keeping the Eeveelutions alive before rotating to another pokemon generation (moving away from kanto).