Pokemon English Coin Checklist v2.1

ZIP FILE: 115MB
Extract file as stored and open .xls document. Contains macro to display coin images.Currently 355 unique coins catalogued. Want to contribute, message me!Enjoy :blush:

13 Likes

have you ever spoken with this eBay user: canman202020?
I remember him being pretty into collecting the coins and they even had their own printed catalog. Just a thought.

Yes, I have talked to him recently but seemed reluctant to provide any information as he is selling the information (or was) as an auction with sleeves and placeholders with pictures. Rather than giving any info I was directed to purchases which is fair enough considering the amount of time I think has been spent deriving information.
I however think my list is more plentiful for english coins anyways based on the information i accrued from his listed auctions over time.
Thank for the pointer though :blush:

1 Like

@canman202020 is on here as well.

I don’t collect coins but I always like seeing new information like this being shared to help others in the community. Great work!!

2 Likes

Not really active though :confused:

@gottaketchumall How far back do you go with theme decks and the like? I know you sell theme deck exclusive cards. Do you have any info that could help?

I started buying theme decks at XY Base set. Phantom forces was the new release when I started in late 2014 and I haven’t missed a new release since I started AFAIK. I buy at least 1 of everything, and most often a case of everything. When I started, some distribs did have slightly older stock back into the start of XY and some late BW that I did try to buy one of each as well. I have a pretty decent collection of coins so far, no idea how many though. I throw one of each new one that I get into a box (I am sure I have thrown in duplicated ) . I have never yet sat down and sorted that out. I will try to get that done in the coming weeks and the day that I do that I will take a closer look at your post and file as I haven’t given that the time yet either.

One issue I foresee though is that I likely won’t be able to recall which product each certain coin came from. I can definitely throw together any duplicates that I have and that you are missing and send them along whenever I am able to find the time. I have loads of these and they move slowly. I only sell them in 10 coin lots as I don’t have the time to sell individual coins and back when I tried most of them didn’t move at all.

1 Like

wow from the early one you sent me this is amazing love the images it makes it nice and easy to understand exactly what coin is what

Also possibly two to add the fronts for the black and white Kyurem coins from BATTLE ARENA DECKS: BLACK KYUREM VS WHITE KYUREM.

They don’t appear to be in the images folder so i thought i would post them.

1 Like

I just received these 2 coins and in checking these ones you posted are the small japanese/korean ones. English are large and plain holofoil variant.
Have scanned my ones for addition, coming in an update soon enough :blush:

Do your still have the confetti pattern on them, the ones i have appear to but i got them with an English product.

Mine (both) just have the rainbow holo.
But if yours are large types what product did you get them from?
Are you able to scan them at 300dpi and send to me?

Got mine from the Battle arena decks: Black kyurem vs White kyurem set. Don’t currently have access to a scanner but I will see what i can do. The previous images where taken from Google but are identical to the coins I have.a

@credits
Here are a bunch of coins i found in my collection, thought id share them :blush: Arranged them in date according to Bulbapedia. Not a clue if any are rare or have value, just thought id share.

2 Likes

NICE! I love the japanese coins. The images are so much better than the english!
The value is generally higher for japanese because of their location and english persons want to have them i think.
Although because of the asking prices they are harder to sell.
I have a few of those but like the chanseys alot…Well I like them all. Thanks for sharing!

Updated checklist to version 2
Added 17+ new coins and images
Added newly released coins and soon to be released (no images yet)
Updated old crappy images with new vibrant replacements

See first post for download link.

Sorry, but old checklist is incompatible with new data. Too many changes…

3 Likes

Haven’t updated this in a while (here) + the download link was broken and with @quuador kind reference today in another thread, I thought I would upload my latest for v2.1

3 Likes

I ended up moving my collection on so if anyone wants to take this list over, you’re more than welcome
It was fun collecting what I did and is a great niche collection for any enthusiast.
Am surprised that not more people collect them, but Pokemon is weird like that.

1 Like

can anyone save my sanity and tell me how the heck i download the zip on this?? or tell me how or where to find a checklist for the dang coins. please and thank you! @quuador @credits