Pokemon cards in Russia

Apparently XY is being printed in Russia. It is supposedly the first time since Base set that the Pokemon tcg was printed in Russia. Does anyone know if the cards are going to be printed in the Russian language? I would personally love to see some Russian cards, but I think they might just be printed in english. Anyone have info on this?

Russian MTG cards are wildly popular here in the US. Haven’t heard about this, but pretty sweet stuff.

I have known about MTG but I’ve always wondered why Pokemon never got printed there. I can see Russian Pokemon cards becoming popular in the US and elsewhere.

If you could play alternate language cards competitively, they’d be super valuable. Haha.

Where did you find it was printed there?

1 Like

AN admin on pokecardex told me about it and magicmadhouse.co.uk has a page for it with no information sadly.

Weird. Email the company?

1 Like

bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_anime,_TCG_return_to_Russia

www.pocketmonsters.net/content/PR_Russia_celebrates_the_return_of_Pokémon_animation

2 Likes

Interesting, I would of liked to see them make some Russian base set cards. How badass would a Russian Charizard be. Even in xy it would be cool.

2 Likes

Keep me in mind if you get your hands on a russian pikachu :blush:

2 Likes

I will be searching for that Voltorb so I will likely see the Pika :grin:

4 Likes

You are my foreign language card hero :wink:

1 Like

It is still unclear if the cards are going to be printed in Russian or not. I will try and update as I find more information.

1 Like

This is significant. For Vivillon reasons.

4 Likes

I’m also interested to know if the xy set is really printed in Russian language!

1 Like

Confirmed that XY is printed in the Russian language! According to the Beach, it is being released on October 6th! This is awesome news for collectors of all languages! I’m looking forward to adding new Voltorbs to my collection :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

After Pokemon’s tumultuous history in Russia, Nintendo and TPCi have announced that the Pokemon TCG will be released in Russia on October 6th with the release of XY! The cards will be written in actual Russian, adding a new language to the TCG’s current repertoire of Japanese, English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and Korean. We at PokeBeach are excited to welcome Russian Pokemon TCG fans!
Russian fans who visit Moscow’s Comic-Con event from October 2nd to 5th will also be able to purchase XY booster packs and theme decks from Nintendo’s booth before the product officially hits stores shelves. Thanks goes to Dima Y. for the heads up on this story!

1 Like

Great news for collecting!! Bad news for my wallet.
Hope I can get some Booster Boxes. So I can expand my collection with another language.

1 Like

Another two pikachus to add to my wishlist!

1 Like

Any word on an international distributor through whom we might obtain these?

1 Like

I have no clue. I’m sure they will appear on eBay though. Let’s just hope packages from Russia don’t cause a ton of problems with customs.