Pokemon 151 Speculation thread

Imagine if all Kanto Pokémon got a special art, so 151 cards in the set, and each pack has 4 cards, all 4 holo of course

1 Like

I kinda agree with you-- as much as i love Kanto, it does get a bit exhausting after a while. More specifically, itd be great to see the region and other Pokemon represented, but im getting so sick of Charizard man. Its like every single set theres multiple rarities of different charizards. Charizard everywhere all the time! Theres plenty of amazing Pokemon in the 1008, and further, even within the original 151 that I’d love to see more of. Even Blastoise and Venusaur bro. Like i dont even think these two got a regular full art or standard V in SwSh era. You had the triple starter deck with the vmax but that was literally it. I really hope this set isnt just Charizard. It sucks too cause i do like, its just too much everywhere, yknow?

Also im not sure it makes sense to not include regional variants in Gen 1 representation when the majority of regional variants are typically Kanto Pokemon.

1 Like

If the remaining slots past 151/165 include Kanto gym leader Supporters, this might also be Lt. Surge’s (and @Coop13 's) chance to finally get the SR he’s been waiting for

2 Likes

I can’t deny that something special for grimer or muk is my biggest wish for this set and the first thing that came to my mind when i heard about this set :slight_smile: but there’s indeed so many other pokemon i like that definitely haven’t had a spotlight ever or at least for a long time, like nidos or kabutops

4 Likes

Maybe we can have an Oddish and Muk/Grimer on the same card :scream::pray:t3:

1 Like

Not even a theory just saying I’d love:

180 Card set (relatively small compared to recent sets) lol

151 Original Pokémon
Regular card format.
20 Holos.
20 Rares.
8 of the holos would cameo Kanto gym leaders.
10 Energy types
10 Trainer cards
4 Full Alternate Art Holo Rares
Bulbasaur
Charmander
Squirtle
Pikachu
4 Full art Elite Four members
1 Shining Kadabra or Ex if that’s the direction

Boom
Thank you very much.

WotC style layout
Holos, Rares, UC, C, Trainers, Energy, 8 Full art secret Rares, 1 HR

2 Likes

I hope in that case they do get at least new and amazing attacks. For the game the art doesn’t matter at all.

Even if they just finally re-release R/B/Y on the Switch that would be amazing. I do not understand why they haven’t been available on the system since day one.

3 Likes

My guess is this is related to the conclusion of Ash and Pikachu’s journey in the anime.

3 Likes

Begging GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

Imagine if all 151 are ars & sars I’d lose my damn mind

12 Likes

Give me Surge and Lorelei dagnabit

1 Like

It would be so cool if it was anime centric. Ash’s Butterfree, Tracy’s Marril, Ritchie and his Pikachu “Sparky”. So much untapped potential. Not gonna get my hopes up too high but I like to dream lol

6 Likes

Hope to see AA Nidoking and Snorlax cards. I ditched my starter Pokemon in the game as soon as I had Nidoking and Snorlax.

Rares don’t exist anymore.

1 Like

ooh, this is actually a pretty good call imo

hitmonchan/hitmonlee alt art, PLEASE

In that case i would need one signed by you :thinking:

Other speculation, since we have now gotten more art that spreads across several cards like V Union cards and Kouki Saitou 9 card set, could we possibly have something similar where all 151 gen 1 pokemon are presented in one art piece?

1 Like

That would be SICK

1 Like

I mean not that I don’t love base set and I loved the extended art pikachu. I rather them do it for Gen 2 last time gen 2 really got any love was when they did Pokémon heart gold and soul silver games. I would of a new Neo remake take the best cards from
The neo era and make extended and alt art of those cards. Having a new lugia or the shining Pokémon. I think between evolutions and then just the 25th anniversary set we need a break from base set for a little while.

2 Likes