Pokemon 151 Speculation thread

I must be the least picky consumer out there because I couldn’t care less if they showcase Kanto vs. Johto vs. Hoenn vs. Sinnoh etc. I like shiny cardboard and I am excited. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Plus more people in that age range probably work for pokemon now. :muscle:

5 Likes

The only thing I find frustrating is when they don’t reflect the expanded families.

If causes me severe psychic damage whenever I play a throwback game that pretends Crobat doesn’t exist.

4 Likes

I love kanto so sucks to be you man

1 Like

Oddish EX my beloved :pray:t3: Maybe this is my chance

10 Likes

I’m a Kanto kid here, so there is no downside IMO to this set.

2 Likes

I know 151 is a specific number for Kanto but is it wrong of me to hope for 151 of the most popular pokemon? Sure Kanto is going to top the repesentation which is fine for making money but it hopefully would allow a few other generations some resprentation.

1 Like

Kanto fans rejoice!!

8 Likes

I don’t think there’s ever been a set with all 151 so this is pretty neat if true. I’d love to see it for all other generations too

24 Likes

If there is even one single Yuka Morii full art AR I’m going to stonk out hard. Please let her cook!

something i was thinking about today omw home from work… this feels a lot like the EX Fire Red Leaf Green set, which corresponded with the video game… I’m wondering if ILCA (developer of Brilliant Diamon Shining Pearl) has been working on a remake of Red/Green/Blue/Yellow under the radar and this will be announced during the pokemon day presentation. That would certainly make a lot of this more understandable.

With that said, I don’t think this will be a base set reprint of sorts. I think it will be more like FRLG or hidden fates in that it’ll just be a set that focuses on kanto, but not necessarily another evolutions.

There is a good chance I treat this like PoGO and completely skip it. It just depends on what they do.

My wish list:
-Owner’s pokemon of all of the gym leaders + ash (not red). Some of these would have CHR/CSR versions.
-Dark and Light Pokemon (these did have a unique gameplay mechanic in how they played. Definitely possible, although I don’t think we’ll see another dark kadabra).
-a small handful of Shinings similar to the neo rev type which are also somewhat similar to gold stars in that they are basics. You could have them be one of in a deck like radiants/gold stars, or just be like how shining magikarp and shining gyarados were. However, based on the set size, I don’t think there is room for this.
-NO reused artwork

What I expect:
-100% Kanto focus (kanto supporters, stadiums, and pokemon) in the style of gen 9 with no reprints or other returning gimmicks aside from the gen 3 ex mechanic of course)

the adjacent products suggest a kanto focus (venusaur, blastoise, and charizard binder as well as a mew binder).

there is one in vstar universe at least

yeah but no hate to Drapion lovers, it’s a Drapion… I would love a Morii Chansey 2.0

4 Likes

i feel you. just wanted to mention it in case you weren’t aware

1 Like

Just give all the unique artists a spotlight. I’m always down for more Morii or Ito cards.

Not really a fan of yet another gen 1 set either, but I guess I could hope for a Magneton alt art?

I also agrees with the FRLG 2.0 theory, seems a bit too random timing for another base set based set (lol). Don’t really think a RBY remake is in the cards though considering the Let’s Go games were remakes of Yellow and it’d be kinda weird to basically have two sets of remakes on the same console.

3 Likes

One to complete the trio too

5 Likes

Manifesting an ultra rare Muk for you :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

My gf is a Morii collector so it’s actually my 9-5 to know about all Morii drops – but I appreciate you!

3 Likes