Please Report These Fraudulent Videos

Guys, I’m working on a website for a very long time (+ 1 year)
A website where you will be able to manage your Pokémon TCG collection. A catalog with every Pokémon TCG card, in every language.

Users can add cards that are not already in the database, select which ones they have, which ones they need. Every user has a special collection page, where other users can view your cards if you allow it etc.

I wanted to announce it when the site was 100 percent complete, but every week someone screams just for such a site :grin:

And the website is still building up… if someone wants a link to what I already have, send me a PM.

@funmonkey54

I have to say there are some really nice points raised there, i have been on a website a little like this before which let you basically ‘tick’ off what you have which was useful.

However for this forum wouldn’t work so well with it as many people collect both Japanese and English cards, so there’s that plus all the promos, trophy’s and other rarer cards. So if it were to be added it would be a really cool tool but would need regular updating to add newly printed and be kept ridiculously tidy to make it easy to use.

Also the ‘Museum’ idea is something i was thinking about a couple of days ago, if there were a set place to find and view pretty much any card it would not only be great for us to enjoy but may bring in other people to the site.

But that’s just my opinion, although i have done some coding ect i really would not know how much work it would take to add either of these so can’t comment on whether it would be worth the time.

@poketrade Nice, just curious but is that everything from normal sets to promos to trophys/super rare cards like VS cards in different languages?

I don’t know if we really don’t need another mod. If we get more members in the following months that may change. While constructive criticism is great we don’t have the traffic of the gym or beach. Moderation does not have the role it has on larger sites. However, I will talk to Dan about a couple ideas I have in relation to the topic of mods/staff.

Also, I contemplated not posting this guys rant but I wanted to extinguish those videos. There are people offering real money for those fakes and I don’t want to see an unsuspected buyer get swindled because of them. That was my only reason for making this thread. The crazy accusations and writings are just a side show.

@collector1243: I want every card on the website! But yeah, we will start slow with only regular english sets etc.
But you will be able to add what you want.

Here some screens:
ctrlq.org/files/screenshots/fd7c15016243a7e024d671b268cd37aa.png
ctrlq.org/files/screenshots/e4018317b9f44f84cd55b3793c9f817c.png
ctrlq.org/files/screenshots/b04ffb740ba2c3cf0372e232f7a6d4e3.png
ctrlq.org/files/screenshots/c5daa6aa73f9f2865c0c078000ced32f.png

@darkrai: Woah! We can sure work together :grin:

Well, the ‘basic-coding’ from the website is almost done (login/register/add card/view collection…).
I think that I can finish it by this weekend. So, we can start then adding cards already.

Then I only need to do small things (activate by email/forgotpass/message system/forums…)

I also think about making a page where you can match your searchlist with someone else his collection/double list, so that you can see with one click which cards some has that you don’t have!

@djgigabyte, that’s also the goal from the site I’m working on. Every card, every language, every version. Also information about in which packs (decks etc.) the cards where availlable. And the only thing I’ve spend already is 10$ on hosting btw :grin: Coding is just a hobby from me.

How about a POKEMON TCG HALL OF FAME?
For collectors/sellers…anything except players.

Someone would be nominated by a member here with a desription of their accomplishments and if Dan and Scott approve then they’d put that person up for vote. Only significant members could vote and 75% ‘yes’ would be needed like the baseball hall of fame!

That’s something no other site has:)

Could be something to aspire to. Of course just because it works in sports, entertainment etc. doesn’t mean it’ll work here:) just a thought though.

Hmm I would not mind something that would be more of a “respect your elders” sort of thing. I do not know how to execute this without making it elitist, which I would personally not want.

There are a lot of people in the community and out of it that did so much for pokemon that should be referenced and recognized. Just about everyone here today has benefited if not only exist in collecting/business because of them.

Instead of a hierarchy based on collections, why not just do it by post count? People who actively post should have the opportunity. For example, Mike and Jason seem to be some of the top posters on this forum. Next, would be Frosty and Me.

I was aiming at just having an honorable mention of people who set the foundation for a lot of collectors and people involved in pokemon.

As far as mods go that is something I will talk about with Dan. We will figure out who would be best if we need someone. But it would have nothing to do with whose collection is larger!

I know you were talking about Gary’s post, but just to make sure my perspective is clear, the people I am referring to do not exist on this forum and for the most part in the community in general. I do not intend to glorify anyone.

My purpose, if I would actually put something into motion like this, would be a more historical reference. This would hopefully give perspective to younger people who are excited about collecting/buying and selling. If anything it would ultimately be a way to acknowledge the work of others that allowed everyone, including myself to be where we are today.

With all this said, I do not know how to go about doing this. I definitely do not like the pissing contest of collections and what not. That sort of thing is just an insecurity battle which is the opposite of what collecting should be about.

I love your idea of putting together some sort of honorable mention. What I love even more is the idea of it being in an article format. Please, put together an article on the foundation workers of the Pokemon collecting world as it is today. I’d love to be informed.

If you all don’t mind…I’m going to start an honorable mention post. I’m going to talk about a guy who was highly responsible for America’s interest in Japanese cards.

I can’t wait Gary, I’d love to learn all about the history of Pokemon from you. I regret that I was just a kid when Pokemon had its beginnings

I support the article as it would give a very good historical account of UPCCC. I thinks this is not technically complex and it’s something that can be implemented within a shorter timeframe. I would also suggest giving original members of UPCCC a simple title/distinction of Foundation Member or Founding Member. I believe these members are our current mods.

I like the idea of having the ability to keep track and showcase Personal Collections. With at least 2 members developing separate database to list all available sets, perhaps this is something they can incorporate into their database. We just have to manages this feature wisely if and when it becomes feasible as this could also be construed as a sort of pissing contest. In the coin collecting world, the two largest 3rd party grading companies are NGC and PCGS (sister company of PSA under the Collectors Universe umbrella). Both company give their users the ability to build a Set Registry to keep track and showcase their collection. Some members would be inspired to complete a full set. Potential drawback is that others would be disappointed when they compare their collections with other members and may lose interest in collecting altogether. Imagine someone comparing his collection to that of D.Persin.

Thanks,

I really like some of the ideas suggested here!

But if I may be honest I am against a few, particularly those of giving people certain titles or honorable mentions. We are supposed to be creating an environment that supports, nurtures, and excites collectors of all kinds, small or not…not pat ourselves on the back. I get wanting to showoff cards as well (if you can’t do it here where can you?) but that is what we have the additions thread for. The last thing we need is another showcase or gallery to display our cards. Log them/keep track of them yes…but to elevate members based upon what they own…ehhhhh. That is just my two cents.

I’m with Mike honourable mentions of collections is not good, but I like the honourable mentions of people who have advanced the hobby like the post Gary made about Steve Gordon. That is fantastic stuff that should be mentioned as it is fascinating, informative, and opens up a window to the past. Not to mention some amazing people could get some deserved recognition.

Good points mk.
The honorable mention thread I started though gives us a place to post historical information that many collectors would find interesting. Plus it gives a place for some folks here to thank others for their contribution in their poke lives.
Check out my thread and let me know if you find any value in it:)

Now I am all for that! :blush: It is interesting to hear about those who played a huge part in the early days of the TCG. Contributions such as the ones you mentioned and those who have played a huge part in getting PSA to grade Pokemon are just a few actions worthy of being noted.

My criticism comes from a collection based honor system.