Please just look at this thing Bbobrob made me (Content Warning: tiny little guy)

@bbobrob is a talented microcrochet artist whose work already shines as some of the forum’s most impressive and special. It’s been a dominant presence in arts and crafts threads, is featured in site banners, and is the subject of their avatar. Their work is hopefully recognizable to you already because it is one of the best things this site has to offer.

A long time ago now, over a year I think, I reached out to ask about possibly having a commission done. I loved their darling little works and knew it’s something only they could deliver. They said yes, but only as time allowed, and they’d get back to me about it eventually.

A lot happened in that long wait, including the popularity of a sketch I made that’s found its way into the forum meme culture. You may be familiar with it:

:meowth:

So when they finally reached out to me to see if I was still interested, I set aside my previous ideas and asked if it would be possible to recreate my doodle in microcrochet.

And… folks… you just gotta see it to believe it.

I am using some of my own photos and some photos they sent me beforehand because I can scarcely handle this tiny dose of perfection without trembling with elation. This is just incredible.

The Meowth was always just a doodle. I’ve joked that it’s my esteemed art and I suppose it literally is “my art”. But what @bbobrob does is an actual craft of highly refined talent. This is art. To see my playful doodle serve as the basis of such quality work is a privilege and an honor.

Thank you for fulfilling this commission for me and I remain stunned at the smiles this silly thing has brought people, but none so profound as the one on my own face when I opened this package. This is an irreplaceable gift I will never forget.

67 Likes

Love this - well done @bbobrob !

8 Likes

I have never liked something so quickly. @bbobrob you never cease to amaze me!

10 Likes

Art can take all forms and can become more than intended when people resonate with it.

Cant wait to see what other forms your art takes :wink:.

@bbobrob Amazing job with the craft, very adorable! Packaging and presentation is top notch as well. I always get impatient at that part and it comes out sloppy since Im always mostly excited about the craft itself. Didnt know you did commissions though :thinking:.

6 Likes

Incredible job @bbobrob

6 Likes

It belongs to the people! :wink:

7 Likes

The people seem to have taken it! They demand a pokedex worth!

6 Likes

I love that the box is evocative of a Game Boy. This is hilarious and creative as heck, well done @bbobrob and thanks for sharing @stagecoach

6 Likes

Oh… my… GOSH I LOVE THIS

Asako Ito is in my top 3, and @bbobrob YOU ARE NOW ON MY ARTIST LIST :heart:

6 Likes

Honestly want to see a lil Kabuto :pleading_face:

5 Likes

@bbobrob that is simply astounding! It had me smiling ear to ear. What a fantastic way to celebrate another member of the community! I applaud you
0001st50

11 Likes

So creative! I wish I had an ounce of that creativity :laughing: awesome work! Thanks for sharing with us.

5 Likes

So awesome! Great work @bbobrob !

6 Likes

This is truly special. Absolutely fantastic work @bbobrob. The crochet looks really cute. Thanks for the share and the story @stagecoach

:meowth:

Cheers!

6 Likes

Holy crap @bbobrob thats amazing!

5 Likes

I love that tiny little guy.

6 Likes

Amazing! I’m out here struggling to make a sandwich while @bbobrob has the touch of an angel!

Pretty sure I won’t be the only one sliding in his dms shortly.

7 Likes

I love this!

5 Likes

This is absolutely delightful. The skill. The presentation. The humor in the packaging. It’s all so good.

I showed my wife who is also a crochet artist and she said “oh I love it, he’s so cute!” and then she saw the photo with the dime for scale and went “OH MY GOD ITS MICROCROCHET THATS INSANE” :joy:

7 Likes

This is simply perfection @bbobrob @stagecoach.

5 Likes