Liron's Pokemon FANART Thread

Hi everyone, my name is Liron and I’m an artist! :grin:

I’ve been drawing and painting Pokemon a lot recently (which is very different from my usual stuff).
I want to paint many more - so I thought I’d open a consolidated thread :grin:

I’ll get it going with this Dragonair one I just finished (one of my all time favorite Pokemon!).

Let me know if you have any requests and I’ll do more and share here!
I also plan on getting some smoother watercolor paper, so that I can really recreate that old Ken Sugimori style, which I’m in love with :heart_eyes:

I hope you’ll enjoy this one and upcoming ones!

• Liron
51 Likes

Hi everyone, just finished another one, much more complex and detailed :grin:
Based on the original Sugimori Carddass art.

Also filmed the entire process, let me know if you want me to share a time-lapse vid!

I hope you like this one :blush::pray:t3:

• Liron
36 Likes

Fantastic work, great job. Will you do one of Dratini and Dragonite? A time lapse video would be awesome.

Thank you so much :blush:
Will do the other two as well!

And once I edit the vid will post a nice little hyper-lapse, Was a very fun process!

• Liron
1 Like

You’re very talented. Keep up the great work!

That Carddass art is amazing! Great job

I’m also a big Dragonair fan! (Dragonair > Dragonite go ahead and @ me) I love the medium you’re using - looking forward to seeing more of your work!

@nickofturl Thank you so much, more to come! :pray:t3::grin:
@joakimstore It’s among my favorites for sure! I think I’ll do the other one as well (:
@johnnymucho Completely agree :joy::raised_hands: Will post more soon

badass work! very cool

Do you sell your artwork? I may have to hire you for a Scyther piece :blush:

1 Like

Nothing beats that original water color style art!

Lovely work, lovely use of water color, very reminiscent of Sugimori’s work. I absolutely love seeing it on canvas paper. You do a great job with the tints/shades to bring it to life, and I’m bubbling up seeing this. Makes me want to pull out my paper and do the same thing! And looks like you have a customer ^^^

You might not be able to tell, but @nickofturl is sort of a fan of Scyther. He likes him a little bit.

I might also adore to see you do an original rendering of one or all of the Slowpoke family, or Mr. Mime. Two of my absolute favorites. You post 'em, and many of the crazies on the forum like myself may throw their money at you…

(edit) Oh and if I might say, I rather like the thicker grade paper you are using–it brings texture to the pokemon and makes them look excellent.

1 Like

Got the time lapse vid done - here we go!

Your browser does not support video embedding. Please update your browser.

(Not sure if it will show correctly, it’s my first time embedding a video here)

And also:

@brofessorchaos - Thank you so much :grin:

@nickofturl - Definitely! Feel free to reach out via a message and I’ll send you my email address. Scyther and Scizor are also some of my OG favorites. I loved Scyther so much playing Yellow, so when gen 2 hit and I saw Scizor in Gold I was in complete shock from the sheer coolness :star_struck: (and just the fact that an evolution exists!)

@krill - Indeed :wink: I mostly collect the old Carddasses & Mini Bandai series that had this style

@brendantheclayboy - Thank you so much, I’m so happy you liked that look. It’s what I use for my impressionistic / realistic watercolors haha. Will stick to the rough paper for now.
And I sure can paint these! I created a mini list for future Pokemon to create and put the Slows and Mr. Mime at the top (:

6 Likes

So here’s my newest addition - Slobro!! :grin:

@brendantheclayboy - I hope you like it (;

Got some awesome plans for future illustrations, include the older posters / manga covers.
More updates to come!

15 Likes

@liron OHHH MY GAAAAWWWWD

3 Likes

Great work. Love that group photo!

@brendantheclayboy - :grin::pray:t3:
@crushingame - Thank you :slight_smile:

Today I did these two studies of Clair and Whitney.
I want to better understand this style and how Ken simplified anatomy.

Was a challenge but I think I got a decent result.
I hope you’ll like these too!

• Liron
12 Likes

That dragonair is beautiful, nice work!

No but seriously @liron if you ever want want to sell that, I’m here for you…

1 Like

@brendantheclayboy - Would love to sell it! Sending you a private message (: